A returning award-winner, Salomon brings you the 2018 X-Max X14 Carbon ski with integrated Z12 Speed system binding. This speed machine is designed to go fast, dig trenches, and highlight your technical skills through precise steering and well-executed turn shapes. The X-Max X14 Carbon delivers maximum power and precision on frontside terrain, which is what you'd expect from a ski with two layers of Titanium, tip-to-tail Carbon inserts and Full Woodcore. And guess what else? They aren't heavy. Push the limits to the max with a ski under 7kgs! The abilities of this ski are limitless and you can attack the steepest runs of the hill without hesitation. The X-Max X14 holds a stable edge on the hardest snow.
This is a ski that is built close to competition standards, but that stays manageable, and fun. It also looks cool, unlike so many "carving ski" graphics on the market today. Salomon has here offered a ski that performs best with skilled input and that wants you to give it everything it's got. Advanced and expert athletes will be hard pressed to find more value elsewhere in such a powerful and accurate ski.
Comes standard with Z12 Speed system bindings. The Z12 Speed binding provides a more precise feel and an improved contact with the terrain due to Free Flex, which allows the ski to arc naturally underfoot. It is also wide, with better lateral transmission than most system bindings. Progressive Transfer pads reduce vibrations and deliver a better ski/snow contact feel. A proven design, with DIN 4 - 12 and infinite adjustability.
- Dimensions: 120 - 73 - 101mm / R 15.4m
- Includes Z12 Speed System Bindings. DIN 4 - 12.
- Speed Chassis: The Speed Binding-Plate System has Free Flex for terrain adaptation, great edge grip, quick change from edge to edge. Rounder turns mean smoother turns.
- Powerline Carbon: Active Dampening System made of Carbon brings together performance, comfort, and control to on-piste high performance skis. A Carbon bar running the full length of the ski, embedded in a sheath of rubber, substantially diminishes vibrations and improves ski to snow contact.
- Full Woodcore: Full length wood laminates, from tip to tail, giving optimum stability and rebound, while maximizing ski to snow contact and filteering vibrations.
- Pulse Pad: A layer of rubber all along the edges and in critical zones of the ski for smoother ride & improved ski-snow contact.
- Semi Twin Tail: Slight rise to the tail of the ski.
- Carve Rocker: Developed for performance on hard snow; extra short length, low height rocker profile in the tip, provides instant carving sensations, with easy and precise steering. Camber under foot guarentees stability, edge grip and gives the ski powerful rebound.
- Oversize Active Contact Sidewalls: Sandwich constructed with ABS.
- Koroyd Tip: More Float, Less FLop. Super light honeycomb/Koroyd Tip insert, reinforced with ABS. Less weight at the extremties with increased dampening from Koroyd dramatically increases maneuverability and ease of steering on rockered skis.
- Powerframe+ Double Ti & Carbon: Full length Powerframe+ contains a double Ti layer and a Carbon reinforcement layer.
- Tip and Tail Protector: Increased ski longevity: to keep skis visually attractive even after intense use.
- MPN: 399540