New for 2017 from Salomon is the X-Max X10 ski with its integrated XT12 system binding, designed to go fast, dig trenches, and highlight your technical skills on-piste through precise steering and well-executed turn shapes. The X-Max X10 delivers dependable power and precision on frontside terrain, which is what you'd expect from a ski with a layer of Titanium and Full Woodcore. This is the easier-to-manage younger brother to the X-Max X12 and X14, which are both stiffer (and a lot more expensive). The difference is the X10 loses the carbon, has only one sheet of Ti instead of two, and results in a ski that has an incredible balance of power, precision, control, and all-day ski-ability. The ski dimensions of the X10 are identical to the X12.
This is a ski that is built to exacting standards, but that stays affordable, manageable, and fun. It also looks cool, unlike so many "carving ski" graphics on the market today. Advanced skiers looking to carve up frontside piste terrain will be hard pressed to find more value elsewhere in such a powerful and accurate ski.
The Salomon X-Max X10 comes standard with XT12 system bindings. The XT12 binding sits low, which provides a more precise feel and an improved contact with the terrain. It is also wide, with better lateral transmission than most system bindings. Progressive Transfer pads reduce vibrations and deliver a better ski/snow contact feel. Proven and simple, with DIN 4 - 12.
- Dimensions: 120 - 73 - 102 mm / R 15m
- Includes XT 12 System Bindings. DIN 4 - 12.
- X-Track Chassis
- Tip and Tail Protector: Increased ski longevity: to keep skis visually attractive even after intense use.
- Full Woodcore: Full length wood laminates, from tip to tail, giving optimum stability and rebound, while maximizing ski to snow contact and filteering vibrations.
- Pulse Pad: A layer of rubber all along the edges and in critical zones of the ski for smoother ride & improved ski-snow contact.
- Semi Twin Tail: Slight rise to the tail of the ski.
- Carve Rocker: Developed for performance on hard snow; extra short length, low height rocker profile in the tip, provides instant carving sensations, with easy and precise steering. Camber under foot guarentees stability, edge grip and gives the ski powerful rebound.
- Oversize Active Contact Sidewalls: Sandwich constructed with ABS.
- Koroyd Tip: More Float, Less FLop. Super light honeycomb/Koroyd Tip insert, reinforced with ABS. Less weight at the extremties with increased dampening from Koroyd dramatically increases maneuverability and ease of steering on rockered skis.
- Powerframe+ Ti: Full length Powerframe+ contains a Ti layer for reinforcement and durability
- MPN: 391546