The Salomon X Lab 130 is a top-notch race-oriented ski boot for those skiers who are always trying to improve their form to shave seconds off of their last time trial. In other words, this is a stiff performance oriented boot that requires an aggressive skier in search of a precise fitting boot. It's got a 130 flex and a narrow 95mm last, which is stiff with a tight fit for maximum control and response while carving turns. The My Custom Fit World Cup liner is heat moldable and will provide excellent transmission between your foot, the boot and the ski. The Salomon X-Lab 130 is a true top-level frontside boot incorporating Twinframe technology to combine superior transmission and power with unmatched foot wrapping for maximum on-piste performance. We recommend this boot to ski racers and aggressive skiers looking for the tightest fitting boot they can find, if you're only looking for comfort, this isn't the boot for you!
This boot has been cosmetically changed over the years, but remains mostly the same. Save some money by opting for an older model year right here!
- 130 Flex Rating: Higher than average stiffness means you should be skiing pretty fast to warrant a boot of this flex.
- 95mm Last Width: This last provides a race style fit, which means it is narrow - the opposite of roomy. This should only be for advanced to expert skiers who either have narrow feet, or can endure the pain of narrow boots. The payoff is unmatched precision and ski control.
- 45mm Strap: Super wide strap found on high performance boots. The extra width spreads out the force while skiing and reduces the pressure point on the upper shin.
- Two Bolt Flex Adjust: One or both bolts at the back of the boot spine can be removed or added to adjust the flex of the boot. The boot is softer when the bolts are out, and stiffer when screwed into the shell.
- Custom Race Kit : These boots take some work to get them to fit comfortably so Salomon has included some accessories to help in that process. Additional Sets of Shin Plates, Rear Spoilers and heel lifters come inside the box. Shin plates reinforce forward support and stiffen flex while rear spoilers increase forward lean by 2Â° and adjust height. Heel lifters improve skiing stance.
- Micro-Adjustable Titanium Buckles: To micro adjust the length of the buckles for a precise and personalized closure, just turn the lever (righty-tighty, lefty-loosy). This Titanium buckle is one of the lightest
- World Cup Advanced Shell Technology: This is a more powerful version of the Advanced Shell technology with improvement on the back support, the body positioning into the boot and the torsion control of the boot. This kind of construction is designed to transfer the maximum of power from the skier to the ski.
- Backbone Technology: There is a magnesium piece linking the upper cuff to the lower shell providing back support for better rebound coming out of the turn (rebound effect) and enabling a progressive but powerful forward flex.
- 24mm Oversize Pivot: Significantly larger than standard canting bolts, Salomon's 24mm Oversized Pivot helps align your boots for the most precise and efficient energy transfer between your boot and the ski. The larger diameter helps with wider skis since the torque on your boot is much higher.
- My Custom Fit Race Liner: The best liner in Salomon's line, it will mold to the skier's feet but isn't too cushy so its response in combination with a stiff shell will allow the skier to ski as aggressively as they can.
- Color: White