The 2020 Salomon S/Lab X-Alp Alpine Touring Ski Boots are a further development of the well-regarded Arc'teryx Procline series, which was developed jointly with Salomon in its Annecy lab. While the Procline is designed first as a winter alpinist's boot, the X-Alp takes the concept more in a ski touring direction. Salomon has added a ribbed exoskeleton similar to that of the Lab/Explore boots to the midfoot area to stiffen the shell under heavy load and give the boot more skiing power. They've also forgone the fully zippered gaiter and cable pressure distribution system on the lower buckle and used lower density rubber in the sole with no rubber cover on the toe. In the meantime, the X-Alp retains the best-in-class range of cuff motion and the only design that offers lateral flexibility at the cuff in tour mode. The X-Alp is still a niche boot designed for long days and big vertical, but now it's one that skis better.
- Last width: 98mm for precise steering
- Flex Rating: 100. The sweet spot.
- Mobility: The unique 3D rotating cuff gives lateral range motion (23° external / 12° internal) making steep traverses and technical steeps easier.
- Lightweight: Every gram matters when you bag three peaks in the same day, so with 1,150kg on each foot, you're not wasting any weight.
- Downhill Performance: A carbon cuff for rearward support and sensifit shell for power transmission give you confidence for reliable, fun descents.
- Sensifit shell: a soft insert that allows for easy and smooth step-in.
- 3D rotating cuff: Unlimited longitudinal and frictionless range of motion that provides efficiency when hiking-up.
- 360° S/Lab claw strap: Inspired by racing and designed to ensure maximum power transmission, this strap is made with a claw system to allow for low elasticity and provide lower leg hold.
- Grilamid+: Top-quality polyamide plastic which provides adapted rigidity, lightness and downhill performance.
- Carbon 3D rotating: Unlimited longitudinal and frictionless range of motion providing efficiency when hiking-up.
- My Custom Fit fullthermo light: A thermoformable liner for personalized comfort.
- Contagrip rubber sole: The Contagrip rubber sole touring pads are premounted and inter-compatible with touring bindings ISO 13992 and standard tech bindings. The Contagrip rubber sole offers improved walking and adhesion.
- To be used only with PIN binding
- Low tech inserts: Metal inserts molded into the sole of the boot to allow compatibility with tech/pin bindings for ski touring purpose.
- Mid-height gaitor: Waterproof reinfirced textile for protection, lightness and freedom of movement.
- 2 riveted ultralight aluminium
- MPN: 399478