For 2020, Salomon continues with the success of its new QST ski lineup, however they have added a layer of C/FX carbon and flax reinforcement in order to deliver power and stability like metal, but at a fraction of the weight, making the ski more stable than ever. Also new is the Cork Damplifier, which further increases stability and reduces flop over past models of the ski. The Salomon QST 118 is a the widest model in the QST series, and is built for deep snow, big lines, and aggressive all-mountain skiing, whether at the resort, or in the big mountains. A true weapon of a ski, its ultra-modern design has all the new technological innovations: titanium reinforcing for more stiffness, Twin Rocker for more versatility in every snow condition, and light tips for swift negotiating in tough terrain. The inverted 3D Woodcore guarantees good underfoot performance as the ski perfectly adapts to every terrain on the mountain.
This is a powerful and robust ski that floats without effort and tracks right where you point it. The double rocker keeps it on the surface allowing its owner to enjoy its handling to lay trenches everywhere. Even on groomed runs, the edge-to-edge transitions happen very intuitively and the ski offers phenomenal edge hold.
This pair of 2020 QST 118 powder skis comes pre-mounted with a gorgeous pair of Salomon's new S/Lab Shift MNC touring bindings.
The all-new S/Lab Shift MNC binding ushers in the next generation of freeride capability, blending the touring efficiency of a pin (low-tech) binding, with the performance of an alpine freeride binding. The S/Lab Shift toe piece changes from a low profile conventional toe in ski mode to a fully "pinned" tech toe for skinning. The binding feels like a lighter, lower Warden 13 going downhill, then lets you engage your tech-toed boot to smoothly skin uphill. With a weight of 865 grams per binding, the Shift is a remarkable advance in both skiing and touring performance relative to frame AT bindings, and a very viable choice for those who want to ski lift-served terrain and true backcountry on a single setup. For skiers who like to push the boundaries of the mountain and their skiing, SHIFT to the first ever truly compromise-free binding.
- Dimensions: 142 - 118 - 129 mm
- Radius: 26m
- Single Ti Laminate: A single layer of titanium reinforcement for great edge grip and efficient enery transfer
- Full Sandwich Sidewalls 360: Full Sandwich, ABS Sidewall Construction, extending around the entire sidewall.
- The inverted 3D Woodcore guarantees good underfoot performance as the ski perfectly adapts to every terrain on the mountain.
- Experience confidence-boosting stability thanks to the integration of our exclusive Cork Damplifier technology in the tip
- Pulse Pad: A layer of rubber along the edges for a smoother ride and improved ski-snow contact.Carve Zone: The traditionally cambered section of twin rocker skis, where the sidecut is focused for more power, energy and edge grip.
- C/FX 3 Superfiber: Unique prepreg fiber layer consisting of Carbon and Flax woven together, running the full length of the ski. Combines high strength with very low weight.
- Total Edge Reinforcement: Fiber reinforcement directly on top of edges improves durability, edge grip, and shock resistance.
- Twin Rocker: Long, medium height rocker profile at the tip and tail enables easy pivoting with maximum floatation and maneuverability in powder.
- Camber underfoot for stability and edge grip.
- Spaceframe 3.0 FR Construction
- MPN: 408538
- Dual Mode Toepiece – MNC (Multi-Norm Certified) for skiing, including WTR soles. Converts to a tech toe for touring (requires a boot with tech toe fittings).
- Hike and Ride Switch: A switch lever to shift between hike and ski mode.
- Accessing Toe for Touring: 1. Pull back on block between toe wings to open tech arms. 2. Depress front lever to widen arms to step in. 3. Pull up on lever to lock arms securely for skinning.
- Preparing Heel for Touring: Pull back on the brake pad and fix the brake in the "up" position by stepping down on the pad.
- Climbing Aids: 2° & 10°
- Multi Norm Compatibile (MNC): Compatible with all adult boot sole types, including ISO 5355 Alpine, ISO 9523 Touring, WTR (Walk to Ride) and GripWalk.
- XL Wings – Long wings for a great envelopment of the boots.
- Toe Height Adjustable – Adjustable toe height to let you switch between different boot norms.
- Lateral Elasticity – 47mm
- Easy Step-In – Less effort needed to step-in and out of bindings.
- Sliding Toe Pedal
- Tech Toe Fittings Required For Use In Uphill (Touring) Mode
- Oversized Platform: Super wide platform enabling high transfer of energy, even on wide skis.
- Requires Boot with Full Heel and Toe Lugs: Not compatible with boots like the Dynafit Hoji and TLT, Atomic Backland, Salomon X-Alp and Arc'teryx Procline, among others. These boots have shortened or non-existent lugs and will not fit into the Shift in downhill mode.
- Low Profile Chassis: Low stand height for increased terrain feedback and enhanced power transmission.
- Elastic Travel: Ultimate elastic travel to hold in boots during impact in order to go bigger with no risk of pre-release.
- Carbon-Infused PA Construction
- Adjustment Range: 30mm
- Height: 30mm
- Compatible with Salomon S/LAB Shift Crampons
- MPN: L405242