For 2019, Salomon continues with the success of its new QST ski lineup, however they have added a layer of basalt to the construction in order to further dampen vibrations and smoothing out the ride even more. The rest of the award-winning formula remains, giving you a ski that is both lightweight but powerful. The Salomon QST 118 is a the widest model in the series, and is built for deep snow, big lines, and aggressive all-mountain skiing, whether at the resort, or in the big mountains. A true weapon of a ski, its ultra-modern design has all the new technological innovations: titanium reinforcing for more stiffness, Twin Rocker for more versatility in every snow condition, and light tips for swift negotiating in tough terrain. For 2019, the new C/FX 3 layer reinforcement delivers all the power of metal at a fraction of the weight, making it even more stable and hard-charging than last year's model.
This is a powerful and robust ski that floats without effort and tracks right where you point it. The double rocker keeps it on the surface allowing its owner to enjoy its handling to lay trenches everywhere. Even on groomed runs, the edge-to-edge transitions happen very intuitively and the ski offers phenomenal edge hold.
This pair comes mounted with a gorgeous, like-new pair of 2019 Salomon STH2 13 WTR all-mountain bindings. The STH2 13 is made with high-impact steel housing, a 3D Driver toe and shock-absorbing Progressive Transfer Pads to hold up to strenuous off-trail skiing and powder thrashing, while the Oversized Platform enables you to transfer more power to the ski. It’s also height-adjustable, compatible with WTR soles, and easy to step into, even in deep powder.
The Salomon STH2 13 ski binding combines the strength and precision you need on-piste with the natural flex, strong dampening and smooth, progressive power transfer required when skiing all over the mountain and through any snow. Mounted for size 26.5, but will adjust one size in each direction without needing to remount.
- Dimensions: 142 - 118 - 126 mm
- Radius: 26m
- Single Ti Laminate: A single layer of titanium reinforcement for great edge grip and efficient enery transfer
- Full Sandwich Sidewalls 360: Full Sandwich, ABS Sidewall Construction, extending around the entire sidewall.
- Pulse Pad: A layer of rubber along the edges for a smoother ride and improved ski-snow contact.
- Carve Zone: The traditionally cambered section of twin rocker skis, where the sidecut is focused for more power, energy and edge grip.
- C/FX 3 Superfiber: Unique prepreg fiber layer consisting of Carbon and Flax woven together, running the full length of the ski. Combines high strength with very low weight.
- Total Edge Reinforcement: Fiber reinforcement directly on top of edges improves durability, edge grip, and shock resistance.
- Twin Rocker: Long, medium height rocker profile at the tip and tail enables easy pivoting with maximum floatation and maneuverability in powder.
- Camber underfoot for stability and edge grip.
- Spaceframe 3.0 FR Construction
- Koroyd Tip and Tail: More float, less flop. Super light honeycomb/Koroyd tail insert with ABS. Less weight at the extremities with increased dampening increased maneuverability and ease of steering on rockered skis.
- Inverted 3D Woodcore: Internally milled woodcore.
- MPN: 405240
- DIN Range: 5 - 13
- 3D Driver Toepiece provides multidirectional release
- Steel Housing
- Walk To Ride Compatible (WTR)
- Extra Long Wings: Engages the boot better: confidence inspiring, easier to step-in in powder & provides more lateral power.
- Oversized Platform ensures maximum lateral power transmission, especially with wider skis.
- XL Stomp Pedal: A fixed, wide pedal ensures the best transmission from skier to ski.
- Micro Simultaneous Wing Adjustment: Simple, micro-metric adjustment. Precise boot hold for the best of transmission and safety.
- Heel Flex Interface: Lets the ski flex naturally
- Elastic Travel: Superior elastic travel keeps you in when you want, lets you out when you need, ensures a smoother ride.
- Low Profile Chassis: Low stand height for increased terrain feedback and enhanced power transmission.
- Color: Black / Dark Grey
- Includes Brakeset