The Powder Destroyer! The 2019 Salomon QST 106 is a ski that lets you drop in on any run without investigating the snow conditions first, and knowing you will be just fine. And in deep snow, you will discover a powerful and robust ski which floats without effort. Super floaty in the soft stuff, the 2019 Salomon QST 106 uses the best in light weight design to sit up when you need it to, making it a true one-ski quiver for all occasions.
Salomon's new C/FX 3 Construction blends together carbon flax and basalt to add power and stability while keeping the total weight of the ski to a minimum. The Pulse Pad adds vibration dampening elastomers into the construction that absorbs vibrations for a smoother ride down the mountain, no matter how fast you are charging. Koroyd inserts in the tip and tail lower the swingweight to enhance maneuverability and defect negative vibrations caused from chunky snow conditions. A Ti Power Platform underneath the binding mounting platform prevents you from ripping out binding screws as well as adding a little bit of rigidity underfoot for added responsiveness. Twin Rocker keeps you floating and smearing in deep snow and maintains an easy to control feeling anywhere on the mountain.
This nearly mint condition pair of 2019 QST 106 skis comes mounted with a set of 2019 Salomon Warden 13 MNC DT bindings, which combine strength and precision with the smooth progressive power transfer you need in varying snow conditions. MNC stands for Multi Norm Certified, which means it works with all types of soles – DIN, Touring and Walk To Ride (WTR). It has an Oversized Platform and U-Power Toe – a super-wide platform built to better manage wider skis. It provides maximum lateral power transmission plus precise steering, natural flex and strong dampening. The Warden 13 DT also allows you to adjust your mounting position along the ski length, and comes ready to be fit to any boot size. DIN 5 - 13.
- Dimensions: 140 - 106 - 126mm
- Radius: 20m
- Single Ti Laminate: A single layer of titanium reinforcement for great edge grip and efficient energy transfer
- Full Sandwich Sidewalls 360: Full Sandwich, ABS Sidewall Construction, extending around the entire sidewall.
- Pulse Pad: A layer of rubber along the edges for a smoother ride and improved ski-snow contact.
- Carve Zone: The traditionally cambered section of twin rocker skis, where the sidecut is focused for more power, energy and edge grip.
- CFX Superfiber: Unique prepreg fiber layer consisting of Carbon and Flax woven together, running the full length of the ski. Combines high strength with very low weight.
- Total Edge Reinforcement: Fiber reinforcement directly on top of edges improves durability, edge grip, and shock resistance.
- Twin Rocker: Long, medium height rocker profile at the tip and tail enables easy pivoting with maximum floatation and maneuverability in powder.
- Camber underfoot for stability and edge grip.
- Spaceframe 3.0 FR Construction
- Koroyd Tip and Tail: More float, less flop. Super light honeycomb/Koroyd tail insert with ABS. Less weight at the extremities with increased dampening increased maneuverability and ease of steering on rockered skis.
- Inverted 3D Woodcore: Internally milled woodcore.
- MPN: L405241
- DIN Range: 5 - 13
- Low Profile Chassis
- Oversized Platform + U-Power Toe
- Progressive Transfer Pads
- DT demo version adjusts to fit any boot size without remounting
- MNC Multi Norm Compatible accepts any boot sole
- Allows the ski to arc fully and naturally, improving edge grip and dampening vibration
- Allows you to change your mounting position along the length of the ski, greatly enhancing the ski's adaptability as conditions warrant.
- MPN: L391683