For 2019, Salomon has continued with the incredible success of their new QST ski lineup. The Salomon QST 92 is a mid-range, value-packed model with a progressive shape, giving you super easy turn initiation and versatility in all conditions. The Koroyd honeycomb tip keeps the swing weight down, while reinforcements all the way to the end of the ski prevent it from flapping around in chattery conditions. Tried and true Spaceframe technology gives the QST 92 excellent float, yet at the same time, it retains incredible performance and edge hold on hard pack, wind buff, and in icy chutes, making it one of the most sought-after all-mountain skis of the year so far.
The QST skis are built so that you can drop in on any run without investigating the snow conditions first, knowing you will be just fine. In fresh snow, chop, and day-old crud, you will discover a powerful and robust ski that floats without effort and tracks right where you point it. The double rocker keeps it on the surface allowing its owner to enjoy its handling to lay trenches everywhere. Even on groomed runs, the edge-to-edge transitions happen very intuitively and the ski offers phenomenal edge hold.
- Dimensions: 130 - 92 - 113 mm
- Radius: 17m
- C/FX Construction: Unique prepreg fiber layer consisting of 60% Carbon and 40% Flax woven together, running the full length of the ski. Combines the incredible strength and minimal weight of carbon fiber for stability and reinforcement, with an increased level of dampening and vibration absorption above & beyond anything found on traditonal carbon and light ski constructions.
- Full Sandwich Sidewalls 360: Full Sandwich, ABS Sidewall Construction, extending around the entire sidewall.
- Pulse Pad: A layer of rubber along the edges for a smoother ride and improved ski-snow contact.
- Carve Zone: The traditionally cambered section of twin rocker skis, where the sidecut is focused for more power, energy and edge grip.
- Total Edge Reinforcement: Fiber reinforcement directly on top of edges improves durability, edge grip, and shock resistance.
- Twin Rocker: Long, medium height rocker profile at the tip and tail enables easy pivoting with maximum floatation and maneuverability in powder.
- Camber underfoot for stability and edge grip.
- Spaceframe 3.0 FR Construction
- Koroyd Tip and Tail: More float, less flop. Super light honeycomb/Koroyd tail insert with ABS. Less weight at the extremities with increased dampening increased maneuverability and ease of steering on rockered skis.
- Inverted 3D Woodcore: Internally milled woodcore.
- MPN: L405243