For 2020, Salomon continues with the success of its new QST ski lineup, however they have added a layer of C/FX carbon and flax reinforcement in order to deliver power and stability like metal, but at a fraction of the weight, making the ski more stable than ever. Also new is the Cork Damplifier, which further increases stability and reduces flop over past models of the ski. The Salomon QST 118 is a the widest model in the QST series, and is built for deep snow, big lines, and aggressive all-mountain skiing, whether at the resort, or in the big mountains. A true weapon of a ski, its ultra-modern design has all the new technological innovations: titanium reinforcing for more stiffness, Twin Rocker for more versatility in every snow condition, and light tips for swift negotiating in tough terrain. The inverted 3D Woodcore guarantees good underfoot performance as the ski perfectly adapts to every terrain on the mountain.
This is a powerful and robust ski that floats without effort and tracks right where you point it. The double rocker keeps it on the surface allowing its owner to enjoy its handling to lay trenches everywhere. Even on groomed runs, the edge-to-edge transitions happen very intuitively and the ski offers phenomenal edge hold.
- Dimensions: 142 - 118 - 129 mm
- Radius: 26m
- Single Ti Laminate: A single layer of titanium reinforcement for great edge grip and efficient enery transfer
- Full Sandwich Sidewalls 360: Full Sandwich, ABS Sidewall Construction, extending around the entire sidewall.
- The inverted 3D Woodcore guarantees good underfoot performance as the ski perfectly adapts to every terrain on the mountain.
- Experience confidence-boosting stability thanks to the integration of our exclusive Cork Damplifier technology in the tip
- Pulse Pad: A layer of rubber along the edges for a smoother ride and improved ski-snow contact.
- Carve Zone: The traditionally cambered section of twin rocker skis, where the sidecut is focused for more power, energy and edge grip.
- C/FX 3 Superfiber: Unique prepreg fiber layer consisting of Carbon and Flax woven together, running the full length of the ski. Combines high strength with very low weight.
- Total Edge Reinforcement: Fiber reinforcement directly on top of edges improves durability, edge grip, and shock resistance.
- Twin Rocker: Long, medium height rocker profile at the tip and tail enables easy pivoting with maximum floatation and maneuverability in powder.
- Camber underfoot for stability and edge grip.
- Spaceframe 3.0 FR Construction
- MPN: 408538