Long-awaited from this backcountry skiing powerhouse brand, the Salomon N MTN debuted as the most highly coveted new binding in the game last year, and won Backcountry Magazine's Editor's Choice Award right out of the gates. For backcountry alpine touring performance, the Salomon N MTN binding boasts convenience, reliability and incredibly lean weight at just 592 grams per pair. The toe piece features a large, sturdy lever that’s easy to manipulate with frozen hands or thick gloves. A retractable toe guide makes it easier than ever to step into the binding, but disappears once your boot is in so technical skin tracks are a breeze. The precision Lowtech system has multiple climbing aid heights with quick, easy access, and the wider screw pattern gives you confidence descending. The heel housing sits on top of a stout baseplate with 30mm of fore-aft adjustment built in. The two heel risers are strategically machined to keep weight to a minimum and durability to a maximum. Twist the heel housing 90° and you get a flat mode which makes long approaches much easier.
This is the package to have for fast, light, confident backcountry excursions. Includes all 3 different heel U-Springs to adjust release values- WMN, MEN, EXP.
- Access the convenient climbing aids with less manipulation because you don't need to turn the heel, and step in more easily with Salomon's patented step-in aid technology.
- Weight: 592 gr per pair
- Minimalist alpine touring binding for backcountry skiing
- Interchangeable U-spring design with three release values
- Two pole-compatible heel risers plus a flat mode adapt to the oncoming terrain.
- Wide mounting pattern for better binding retention, high-speed stability, and power transfer.
- Simple, reliable construction with fewer pieces adds robustness, and a wider screw pattern offers better energy transmission.
- Compatible only with Tech-insert touring boots
- Integrated crampon receptor minimizes extra parts to deal with, lose, or break.
- Included leash can be used to set the heel gap at home or in the field.
- Machined risers add versatility at a minimal weight.
- Long toe lever for extra leverage switching modes.
- Includes all 3 different heel springs to adjust release values- WMN, MEN, EXP
- 30mm heel adjustment range for changing boot sole lengths
- MPN: L378235
- Color: Gold / Black