Expand your playground with the newly revamped 2020 Salomon N MTN Explore 88 alpine touring backcountry ski. This ski has the best ratio between climbing efficiency and downhill performance of just about any on the market. The MTN Explore 88 is the narrower little brother to the Explore 95, and is the lightest and most uphill-friendly of Salomon's MTN ski series. These skis are more like tools, really - They are deliberately designed to enable fast uphill skiing, daily backcountry abuse, multi-day trips, and big objectives without giving up too much in the descending department. The Salomon N MTN Explore 88 is incredibly light for efficiency and speed on the skin track, but its construction and temperament hold steady at speed and on steep, icy steeps.
- Ski Dimensions: 125 - 88 - 111 mm / R 17.9m
- C/FX Carbon and Flax reinforcement layer delivers power and stability like metal, at a fraction of the weight. A strip of woven 60% carbon fiber and 40% flax is laid over the top of the core during construction, adding both strength and smoothness.
- Spaceframe 2.0 is less material in key areas along the length of the ski that reduces overall weight for easier ascents.
- MTN Rocker: Climbing efficiency and downhill performance - Optimal grip zone for skinning, Stability and edge grip for downhill
- Hook Free Taper: The widest point in the sidecut tapers in toward the tip earlier for less drag and hooking in powder
- G-Spot: Coordinated sidecut and rocker profiles focus edgehold directly underfoot for better hold while skiing and improved grip while skinning.
- Pre-shaped 3D Karuba woodcore ensures great ski-to-snow contact and reduces vibrations, with less weight.
- Woodcore is mass optimized for the perfect balance of stability and control, while reducing weight
- Semi Sandwich Sidewall Design: Vertical sidewall construction delivers superior edgehold on harder snow.
- Total Edge Reinforcement
- Oversized Pulsepad
- Skin Clip Tail for Climbing Skins
- Glossy Topsheet sheds snow and keeps your stride light!
- Grip Zone
- 2 year manufacturer warranty