Expand your playground with the newly revamped 2018 Salomon MTN Explore 95 alpine touring backcountry ski. This ski has the best ratio between climbing efficiency and downhill performance of just about any on the market. The MTN Explore 95 ski is the widest model in Salomon's new MTN series of skis, designed to enable multi-day trips and big objectives without giving up too much in the descending department. This ski is light, nimble, and fast up the skin track, but it also holds steady at speed and on icy steeps. We here at the BigSkiSale office use this ski for 90% of the ski season, from tough chutes to big powder days... This ski is a big winner all season long!
- Dimensions: 131 - 95 - 117 mm / R 18.8m
- Touring Efficiency: Less material in key areas along the length of the ski that reduces overall weight for easier ascents.
- C/FX Construction: Unique prepreg fiber layer consisting of Carbon and Flax woven together, running the full length of the ski. Combines the incredible strength and minimal weight of carbon fiber for stability and reinforcement, with an increased level of dampening and vibration absorption above & beyond anything found on traditonal carbon and light ski constructions.
- MTN Rocker: Climbing efficiency and downhill performance - Optimal grip zone for skinning, Stability and edge grip for downhill
- Honey Comb Tip: Less weight at the extremties with increased dampening from Koroyd dramatically increases maneuverability and ease of steering on rockered skis
- Carve Zone: The traditionally cambered section of twin rocker skis, where the sidecut is focused for more power, energy and edge grip.
- Hook Free Taper: The widest point in the sidecut tapers in toward the tip earlier for less drag and hooking in powder
- G-Spot: Coordinated sidecut and rocker profiles focus edgehold directly underfoot for better hold while skiing and improved grip while skinning.
- 3D Full Woodcore: Mass optimized for the perfect balance of stability and control, while reducing weight
- Spaceframe 2.0 Construction: Provides power where needed when skinning up and skiing down.
- Semi Sandwich Sidewall Design: Vertical sidewall construction delivers superior edgehold on harder snow.
- Total Edge Reinforcement
- Oversized Pulsepad
- Skin Clip Tail for Climbing Skins
- Glossy Topsheet sheds snow amazingly well during the ascent, keeping your stride light.
- Grip Zone
- MPN: 398810