Expand your playground with the Salomon MTN Explore 88 alpine touring ski. This ski has the best ratio between climbing efficiency and downhill performance. The MTN Explore 88 Skis are the narrowest in Salomon's new MTN series of skis designed to enable multi-day trips and big objectives without giving up too much in the descending department. The MTN Explore 88 is incredibly light for efficiency and speed on the skin track, but its construction and temperament hold steady at speed and on steep, icy steeps.
This pair comes pre-mounted with a brand new pair of 2018 Dynafit TLT Speedfit tech AT bindings. Dynafit's TLT Speedfit Binding is a 310-gram, minimalistic ski touring binding that combines the characteristics of a lightweight, ascent binding with the advantages of a classic ski touring binding. The frameless touring binding with steel components is impressive with its improved power transfer, achieved with the bayonet closure at the heel unit. The heel unit can be adjusted to release values from 5 to 10. The TLT Speedfit binding has also 5mm of flex in both directions when it comes to the length adjustment. The Speed Step heel lifter functions beautifully and can be employed or deactivated on the fly with your pole. The excenter for locking the toe piece has been lengthened to again increase the simplicity of adjusting and locking the binding. Optional ski stoppers can also be attached (not included).
Bindings were mounted on the recommended line for size 26.0 boots.
Will fit BSL from 295 - 310mm.
- Ski Dimensions: 123 - 88 - 109 mm / R 17.9m
- MTN Rocker: Climbing efficiency and downhill performance - Optimal grip zone for skinning, Stability and edge grip for downhill
- Honey Comb Tip: Less weight at the extremties with increased dampening from Koroyd dramatically increases maneuverability and ease of steering on rockered ski
- Hook Free Taper: The widest point in the sidecut tapers in toward the tip earlier for less drag and hooking in powder
- G-Spot: Coordinated sidecut and rocker profiles focus edgehold directly underfoot for better hold while skiing and improved grip while skinning.
- 3D Full Woodcore: Mass optimized for the perfect balance of stability and control, while reducing weight
- CFX Superfiber: A strip of woven 60% carbon fiber and 40% flax is laid over the top of the core during construction, adding both strength and smoothness.
- Spaceframe 2.0 Construction: Provides power where needed when skinning up and skiing down.
- Semi Sandwich Sidewall Design: Vertical sidewall construction delivers superior edgehold on harder snow.
- Total Edge Reinforcement
- Oversized Pulsepad
- Skin Clip Tail for Climbing Skins
- Glossy Topsheet
- Grip Zone
- New Dynafit TLT Speedfit. Mounted for size 26.0 boots. Will fit BSL from 295 - 310mm
- Manual Bayonet Lock
- Fixed Front Release
- Ice Breaker Pins
- Speed Step Climbing Bar
- Steel Components: Chromoly, Forged Aluminum, and Stainless Steel
- Weight: 310g
- DIN Range: 5 - 10
- Adjustable Length: +/- 5mm
- MPN: 08-0000048791