Perhaps the best freeride touring ski made to date, the 2018 Salomon MTN BC returns with a fresh look and some revamped stats so that you go go faster both up...and down. The MTN BC ski is designed for skiers who venture well beyond the resort and need lightweight equipment, but whose #1 priority is still great downhill performance. It's built for maximum power and stability with a full length woodcore and sandwich sidewall construction. It's then reinforced with Salomon CFX superfiber, a superlight blend of flax and carbon that provides even more dampening, as well as added strength. A titanal plate under the foot enhances edge grip and power, particularly when used with pin/tech bindings. For confidence and off-piste adaptability, the Salomon MTN BC has a Utility Rocker profile that balances soft snow floatation and terrain absorption. A honeycomb tip provides easier maneuverability, and Salomon’s G-Spot underfoot gives better grip and makes skinning up easier. This is one ski you won't want to pass up, otherwise everyone else might be passing you on the up!
- Sidecut: 140 - 114 - 128 mm / R 23m
- Weight: 3400 g
- Total Edge Reinforcement
- Full Woodcore: Full length wood laminates, from tip to tail, giving optimum stability and rebound, while maximizing ski to snow contact and filteering vibrations.
- Full Sandwich Sidewalls
- Oversized Pulsepad
- HoneyComb Tip: More Float, Less Flop. Super light honeycomb/Koroyd insert, reinforced with ABS. Less weight at the extremities with increased dampening from Koroyd dramatically increases maneuverability and ease of steering on rockered skis.
- Utility Rocker: Medium tip rise guarantees great float in powder, with excellent terrain absorption, while the low camber under foot gives solid edge grip and rebound. The flat, early rise tail dramatically increases the skis maneuverability in soft snow, while maintaining directional stability for high speed charging.
- Carve Zone
- G-Spot: Engineered sidecut and rocker shape focusing maximum edge grip directly under foot when in touring mode for easier climbing. Provides increased edge grip for security on traverses, more efficient stride and glide when climbing, easier kick turns/climbing transitions.
- CFX Superfiber: Unique prepreg fiber layer consisting of Carbon and Flax woven together, running the full length of the ski. Combines the incredible strength and minimal weight of carbon fiber for stability and reinforcement, with an increased level of dampening and vibration absorption above & beyond anything found on traditional carbon and light ski constructions.
- Tech Transfer Pad: Specially shaped Titanal plate in binding mount zone developed to improve performance, power and edge grip of ski when used with tech-style AT bindings.
- MPN: 398913