The 2017 Line Mordecai is the widest all-mountain ski in the LINE lineup, so there's no better tool for the skier who's constantly in search of the deepest snow around but still wants to take on the whole mountain. At 114mm underfoot and with early rise rocker tip and tail, this ski can easily match the floatation you'd expect from an out and out powder ski, but it's 17m sidecut radius allows it to stay nimble for short, faster turns on hardpack or between trees - versatility is what the Mordecai is all about!
The Partly Cloudy Core combines lightweight wood and composite materials to keep this ski super light for it's size, and the swing weight's low too thanks to early taper in the tip and tails and LINE's Thin Tip tech, which thins down the wood at the ski's extremities to make spinning tricks as easy as possible. The ski has camber underfoot to keep it poppy for takeoffs as well as stable for landings, and when riding groomers nad hardpack the sidewall construction makes for strong edge hold in endless turn shapes thanks to the 5 point sidecut.
If you like to butter, slash, spin and send it all over the mountain while hunting out the deepest powder, then the LINE Mordecai is the ski for you!
- Dimensions: 141 - 114 - 138mm / R 17m
- Early Rise: The rise of the tip and tail begin earlier as the ski profile moves away from center, making for easier turn initiation and helping to get the skis up on plane more quickly. This also means effortless float in softer snow
- Rocker Profile: 15 mm Tip / 5 mm Camber / 15 mm Tail
- Nearly Symmetrical: Designed to ski equally well forwards and backwards, without sacrificing float in deep pow.
- Partly Cloudy Core: A lightweight full wood core using Paulownia, Given its straight grains this give a ski strength and responsiveness while keeping it light and lively.
- 5-Cut Sidecut: 5 different sized sidecut radius shapes are blended into one, for intuitive control and unlimited turn shapes.
- Ultra high density full polyethylene sidewalls over the edges absorb vibrations for maximum durability for a smooth, stable feel.
- Thin Tip: Super thin core & sidewall in the tips are 100 grams lighter per pair for reduced swing weight & tip bounce.
- Early Taper: The widest part of the sidecut begins tapering earlier in the tip and tail which reduces tail hook ups in powder.
- Soft-Medium Flex: Meant to play with the mountain in all kinds of snow conditions. Soft and surfy up front, strong and stable behind the binding
- Symmetric Flex: The same flex pattern in front and behind your boot conforms to terrain equally riding forward and backwards.
- MPN: A160300201179