The Prodigy line represents everything that Faction skis are about. Confidence-inspiring performance, responsive wood cores, progressive twin-tip shapes, and versatile camber lines. The all-new 2019 Faction Prodigy 4.0 is a pow-slaying and pillow-dropping machine. Full directional twin shaping in a wider 112mm waist for superior float and extra landing gear for stomping airs, the Prodigy 4.0 ski also boasts a progressive shape that allows for quick turns and buttery smooth switch landings. The ski’s responsive poplar and ash core creates a playful yet chatter-free ski, with a layer of flax fibre for extra earth-friendly dampening. The Faction Prodigy 4.0 is ready to relish whatever you throw at it.
- Dimensions: 136 - 112 - 128mm / R 24m
- 410mm Tip Rocker / 2mm Camber / 400mm Tail Rocker
- Weight: 2030g / ski
- Poplar Ash Core: Poplar is a light-colored, durable softwood that flexes and pop nicely with great vibration absorption capabilities. Ash is a heavier hardwood that compliments the Poplar by adding stiffness and durability. This duo provides a good hold on hard snow, a solid base for stomping landings and enough pop and flex to get creative.
- Directional Twin: A considerably skinnier tail width than in the tip provides ultimate downhill performance for attacking the mountain. A twin tip in the tail encourages playfulness and freestyle attitude, meaning you can ride switch without problem.
- Surf Zones: Unites rocker and tip taper ensuring these two key features work in harmony. Rocker provides float and facilitates pivoting, while a tapered tip moves the widest part of the ski closer to the center and removes unwanted hooking. Surf Zones promise a floaty, seamless ride in all conditions.
- Two Layers of Flax Fiber: Eco-friendly and loaded with healthy Omega-3's, flax layers dampen vibration and take the sting out of flat landings.
- Sandwich Microcap construction provides awesome edge hold while the ski’s topsheet wraps around and meets the sidewall, adding durability to the fragile join that can be prone to chipping.
- Dual Radius Sidecut: In front of the binding, a shorter radius sidecut provides quick response for tight turns while a longer radius in the tail keeps you stable at speed and feels solid when charging.
- Transition Zones: Between rocker, sidecut and camber results in a fluid, easy to pivot and nimble ski.