Made with a Swiss-developed, hybrid balsa-flax core, layers of Textreme Carbon and weighing in at just 1925g per ski, the 2019 Faction Prime 4.0 ski is built light and strong so you can ski...well, just about anything. The Prime 4.0 is a ski nimble enough to tour up 1,500 metres, but rugged enough for FWT athlete and UIAGM guide Sam Anthamatten to rip down the Matterhorn last year, so it'll probably hold up to what you're planning to do. Insanely light, fat, and yet stable at speeds and in the steeps... Sounds like the holy grail, right? It might be. The Prime 4.0, designed alongside sam, was made to conquer both technical and powdery descents without compromise. Built with a lightweight hybrid balsa-flax core, and layers of Textreme Carbon along its length, the Prime 4.0 is exceptionally lightweight for a ski that floats in the freshies and powers through crud and debris.
- Dimensions: 140 - 118 - 132mm
- Weight: 1925 g / ski
- 440mm Tip Rocker / 2mm Camber / 480 Tail Rocker
- Hybrid Balsa / Flax Core: Reinforce the lightweight, super strong Balsa with layers of robust flax fibres and you are left with a durable wood core that holds an edge like other skis twice its weight.
- Microcap Construction: Sandwich construction provides awesome edge hold while the ski’s topsheet wraps around and meets the sidewall, adding durability to the fragile join that can be prone to chipping.
- Textreme Carbon: Deployed as a layer of laminate in Faction skis, a spread-tow structure weaves at varying angles and axis, spreading stability and stiffness across the whole width and length of the ski.
- Multi-dimension Sidecut: A shorter radius underfoot keeps the ski nimble on the steep and narrow, and a longer radii blended to the tips and tails ensure a stable and feel when you’re flying out the bottom
- Titanal reinforcement plates laid up on top of the hybrid balsa/flax core ensures binding screws hold like nothing else and add durability to these super lightweight cores.