Made with a Swiss-developed, hybrid balsa-flax core, layers of Textreme Carbon and weighing in at just 1925g per ski, the all-new 2018 Faction Prime 4.0 ski is built light and strong so you can ski...well, just about anything. The Prime 4.0 is a ski nimble enough to tour up 1,500 metres, but rugged enough for FWT athlete and UIAGM guide Sam Anthamatten to rip down the Matterhorn last year, so it'll probably hold up to what you're planning to do. Insanely light, fat, and yet stable at speeds and in the steeps... Sounds like the holy grail, right? It might be. The Prime 4.0, designed alongside sam, was made to conquer both technical and powdery descents without compromise. Built with a lightweight hybrid balsa-flax core, and layers of Textreme Carbon along its length, the Prime 4.0 is exceptionally lightweight for a ski that floats in the freshies and powers through crud and debris.
This pair of gently used Faction Prime 4.0 skis will come pre-mounted with a perfect condition pair of Tyrolia Attack 13 DT bindings. With a re-designed platform for wider modern skis, the Tyrolia Attack 13 is made to shred with that same confidence in aggression. This is the first freeski binding anchored on a METAL toe track. The benefits include low stand height, compact design and unparalleled strength and stability. This is not your dad's demo binding. This is a fully functional freeride binding that just so happens to be adjustable in the toe... For finding your perfect placement along the length of the ski. If you are looking for a binding that does not require a tool to adjust the heel and toe, while still having all the performance of a standard retail binding, the Tyrolia Attack 13 gets the job done in spades. It adds hardly an ounce or two of weight over the non-adjustable version.
- Dimensions: 140 - 118 - 132mm
- Weight: 1925 g / ski
- 440mm Tip Rocker / 2mm Camber / 480 Tail Rocker
- Hybrid Balsa / Flax Core: Reinforce the lightweight, super strong Balsa with layers of robust flax fibres and you are left with a durable wood core that holds an edge like other skis twice its weight.
- Microcap Construction: Sandwich construction provides awesome edge hold while the ski’s topsheet wraps around and meets the sidewall, adding durability to the fragile join that can be prone to chipping.
- Textreme Carbon: Deployed as a layer of laminate in Faction skis, a spread-tow structure weaves at varying angles and axis, spreading stability and stiffness across the whole width and length of the ski.
- Multi-dimension Sidecut: A shorter radius underfoot keeps the ski nimble on the steep and narrow, and a longer radii blended to the tips and tails ensure a stable and feel when you’re flying out the bottom
- Titanal reinforcement plates laid up on top of the hybrid balsa/flax core ensures binding screws hold like nothing else and add durability to these super lightweight cores.
- DIN Range: 5 - 13 for max retention
- Metal Toe Track offer bomber reliability
- FR Pro Toe: The special Freeride (FR) Pro Toe with its horizontal spring reflects the modern architecture of the entire Tyrolia AAA-Series.
- AFD Metal: A super secure 77 mm metal anti friction device (AFD) can be adjusted for a variety of alpine boots types.
- Race One Touch Heel: A reduced stand height of only 17mm for the ultimate freeski adventure. The Tyrolia Attack 13 and Attack 12 models feature a solid construction, reduced weight and a modified heel, which puts this model in a category of its own.
- Sympro Heel Track: Adjust to fit any size boot, and also allows you to easily alter your position on the ski for more versatility, depending on snow conditions and personal preference. A huge advantage!
- Stand Height: 23mm
- Weight: 2250g