Designed by Faction's premiere ski-shaper Patrik Sannes, alongside FWT athlete and UIAGM guide Sam Anthamatten, the 2018 Faction Prime 3.0 freeride touring ski is packed with industry-leading design materials and construction techniques, resulting in a ski that will give you a new perspective of what’s possible on your mountain escapes. Built as a one ski quiver for the seasoned freerider who is always on the lookout for powder exploits, the Prime 3.0, at a versatile and floaty 108mm underfoot, has a super-solid and strong ride despite its light weight, thanks to the use of Textreme carbon, which is laid-up strategically on a sturdy and lightweight hybrid core. Whether you’re touring up through a high-altitude, bluebird landscape or charging down that premium, untouched couloir, the Faction Prime 3.0 is designed to exceed expectations. This ski has no limits.
- Dimensions: 133 - 108 - 123 / R 23m
- Weight: 1710 g / ski
- 420mm Tip Rocker / 2mm Camber / 440 Tail Rocker
- Hybrid Balsa / Flax Core: Reinforce the lightweight, super strong Balsa with layers of robust flax fibres and you are left with a durable wood core that holds an edge like other skis twice its weight.
- Microcap Construction: Sandwich construction provides awesome edge hold while the ski’s topsheet wraps around and meets the sidewall, adding durability to the fragile join that can be prone to chipping.
- Textreme Carbon: Deployed as a layer of laminate in Faction skis, a spread-tow structure weaves at varying angles and axis, spreading stability and stiffness across the whole width and length of the ski.
- Multi-dimension Sidecut: A shorter radius underfoot keeps the ski nimble on the steep and narrow, and a longer radii blended to the tips and tails ensure a stable and feel when you’re flying out the bottom
- Titanal reinforcement plates laid up on top of the hybrid balsa/flax core ensures binding screws hold like nothing else and add durability to these super lightweight cores.