Made with a Swiss-developed, hybrid balsa-flax core, layers of Textreme Carbon and weighing in at just 1450gm per ski, the all-new 2018 Faction Prime 1.0 ski makes quick work of the way up, and keeps it solid on the way down. This alpine touring backcountry ski should be on your short list of lightweight, yet heavy hitting contenders this season and beyond. Faction's proprietary weave of Textreme Carbon creates a well-dampened and torsionally stiff ski that loves to lay over on edge at high speed. A moderate waist width is perfect for arcing turns, while generous tip and tail rocker keeps it as nimble as a mountain goat when you find yourself in a tight spot. Mount these up with a tech AT binding, and you will be well on your way to lightweight freeride greatness.
- Dimensions: 118 - 90 - 104
- Weight: 1450 g / ski
- 320mm Tip Rocker / 2mm Camber / 330 Tail Rocker
- Hybrid Balsa / Flax Core: Reinforce the lightweight, super strong Balsa with layers of robust flax fibres and you are left with a durable wood core that holds an edge like other skis twice its weight.
- Microcap Construction: Sandwich construction provides awesome edge hold while the ski’s topsheet wraps around and meets the sidewall, adding durability to the fragile join that can be prone to chipping.
- Textreme Carbon: Deployed as a layer of laminate in Faction skis, a spread-tow structure weaves at varying angles and axis, spreading stability and stiffness across the whole width and length of the ski.
- Multi-dimension Sidecut: A shorter radius underfoot keeps the ski nimble on the steep and narrow, and a longer radii blended to the tips and tails ensure a stable and feel when you’re flying out the bottom
- Titanal reinforcement plates laid up on top of the hybrid balsa/flax core ensures binding screws hold like nothing else and add durability to these super lightweight cores.