The 2019 Faction Candide CT 4.0 ski combines technology and progressive ski design to create a lightweight, performance-focused backcountry slaying machine. A hybrid balsa / poplar / flax core provides a lightweight yet stable ride, while titanal reinforcement underfoot allows for a dampened, strong and durable ski. A wider waist, rockered tip and tail and reduced taper sidecut offer superior float in pow, and an easy to pivot, buttery ski whether throwing double backs or dropping pillow lines. The Faction Candide CT 4.0 is your go-to ski for big powder days, AK heli-skiing, freeskiing competition, you name it... and in whatever style you want to display. If they work for Candide, then who do you think you are, anyway?
- Dimensions: 140 - 115 - 134mm / R 23m
- Weight: 1960g
- 600mm Tip Rocker / 1mm Underfoot Camber / 590mm Tail Rocker
- Hybrid Balsa / Poplar / Flax Core: Balsa is a sandy-colored softwood with exceptional strength for its light weight. Reinforce the super lightweight Balsa with earthy-colored, robust Flax fibre plus Poplar strips and you have a durable wood core that holds an edge like skis twice the weight. During the drying process, cells of water in the Balsa wood are driven off, leaving behind a strong core with no excess weight.
- Directional True Twin: There is some tail taper in this ski, but the design is meant to encourage switch skiing and jibbing.
- Reduced Taper Sidecut: Reduced taper sidecut moves the widest part of the ski away from the tip and tail, so that you don’t hook up your noses or feel drag on your tails when the conditions are prime.
- Full Strength Sidewall Construction with Microcap: Sandwich sidewall construction for power and edgehold, with a topsheet that wraps around and meets the sidewall for durability.
- Multi-dimension Sidecut: A shorter radius underfoot keeps the ski nimble on the steep and narrow, and a longer radii blended to the tips and tails ensure a stable and feel when you’re flying out the bottom.
- Titanal reinforcement plates laid up on top of Faction's hybrid balsa/flax cores ensure binding screws hold like nothing else and add durability to these super lightweight cores.
- Sandwich Microcap Construction provides awesome edge hold while the ski’s topsheet wraps around and meets the sidewall, adding durability to the fragile join that can be prone to chipping.