The 2018 Faction Candide CT 4.0 combines technology and progressive ski design to create a lightweight, performance-focused backcountry slaying machine. A hybrid balsa flax core provides a lightweight yet stable ride, while titanal reinforcement underfoot allows for a dampened, strong and durable ski. A wider waist, rockered tip and tail and reduced taper sidecut offer superior float in pow, and an easy to pivot, buttery ski whether throwing double backs or dropping pillow lines. The Faction Candide CT 4.0 is your go-to ski for big powder days, AK heli-skiing, freeskiing competition, you name it... and in whatever style you want to display. If they work for Candide, then who do you think you are, anyway?
- Dimensions: 140 - 118 - 134mm / R 23m
- Weight: 1960g
- 600mm Tip Rocker / 1mm Underfoot Camber / 590mm Tail Rocker
- Hybrid Balsa / Flax Core: Reinforce the lightweight, super strong Balsa with layers of robust flax fibres and you are left with a durable wood core that holds an edge like other skis twice its weight.
- Reduced Taper Sidecut: Reduced taper sidecut moves the widest part of the ski away from the tip and tail, so that you don’t hook up your noses or feel drag on your tails when the conditions are prime.
- Multi-dimension Sidecut: A shorter radius underfoot keeps the ski nimble on the steep and narrow, and a longer radii blended to the tips and tails ensure a stable and feel when you’re flying out the bottom.
- Titanal reinforcement plates laid up on top of Faction's hybrid balsa/flax cores ensure binding screws hold like nothing else and add durability to these super lightweight cores.
- Sandwich Microcap Construction provides awesome edge hold while the ski’s topsheet wraps around and meets the sidewall, adding durability to the fragile join that can be prone to chipping.