You can trust in the 2019 Faction CT Candide 3.0 powder ski when staring down giant backcountry booters or waist-deep pillow lines. A lightweight hybrid balsa flax core and progressive sidecut design make the ski easy to maneuver and equally at home whether ploughing through fresh snow or sending it through the air. A 108mm waist, camber underfoot and rocker provide float in pow and a solid edge hold that will rock the hard pack. Titanal reinforcement underfoot adds trustworthy durability when tapping trees and taking landings deep. The Faction Candide CT 3.0 is your go-to ski for every day shredding in whatever style you want to display. If they work for Candide, then who do you think you are, anyway?
- Dimensions: 135 - 108 - 130mm / R 20m
- Weight: 1850g
- Hybrid Balsa / Poplar / Flax Core: Balsa is a sandy-colored softwood with exceptional strength for its light weight. Reinforce the super lightweight Balsa with earthy-colored, robust Flax fibre plus Poplar strips and you have a durable wood core that holds an edge like skis twice the weight. During the drying process, cells of water in the Balsa wood are driven off, leaving behind a strong core with no excess weight.
- Directional True Twin: There is some tail taper in this ski, but the design is meant to encourage switch skiing and jibbing.
- Reduced Taper Sidecut: Reduced taper sidecut moves the widest part of the ski away from the tip and tail, so that you don’t hook up your noses or feel drag on your tails when the conditions are prime.
- Full Strength Sidewall Construction with Microcap: Sandwich sidewall construction for power and edgehold, with a topsheet that wraps around and meets the sidewall for durability.
- Multi-dimension Sidecut: A shorter radius underfoot keeps the ski nimble on the steep and narrow, and a longer radii blended to the tips and tails ensure a stable and feel when you’re flying out the bottom.
- Titanal reinforcement plates laid up on top of Faction's hybrid balsa/flax cores ensure binding screws hold like nothing else and add durability to these super lightweight cores.
- Sandwich Microcap Construction provides awesome edge hold while the ski’s topsheet wraps around and meets the sidewall, adding durability to the fragile join that can be prone to chipping.