The 2020 Faction Candide 4.0 powder ski combines technology and progressive ski design to create a lightweight, performance-focused big-mountain slash machine. A hybrid balsa / pachaco wood core provides a lightweight yet stable ride, while titanal reinforcement underfoot allows for a dampened, strong and durable ski. A wider waist, rockered tip and tail and reduced taper sidecut offer superior float in pow, and an easy to pivot, buttery ski whether throwing double backs or dropping pillow lines. The Faction Candide 4.0 is your go-to ski for big powder days, AK heli-skiing, big mountain backcountry, freeskiing competition, you name it... and in whatever style you want to display. If they work for Candide, then who do you think you are, anyway?
- Dimensions: 140 - 118 - 134mm / R 23m
- Weight: 1960g
- 600mm Tip Rocker / 1mm Underfoot Camber / 590mm Tail Rocker
- Lightweight Balsa/Pachaco Core - Balsa is a softwood with exceptional strength for its weight. Reinforce that with the lesser-known, unique Pachaco hardwood, as well as a small amount of Poplar, and you are left with a rare combination that ensures a lightweight yet solid ski setup that performs in all conditions.
- Directional True Twin: There is some tail taper in this ski, but the design is meant to encourage switch skiing and jibbing.
- Full Strength Sidewall Construction with Microcap: Sandwich sidewall construction for power and edgehold, with a topsheet that wraps around and meets the sidewall for durability.
- Elliptical Radius Sidecut: Made up of a longer radius underfoot and shorter radii in the tip and tail of the ski. The long radius underfoot means you can pivot faster and easier, while a shorter radius in the tip and tail results in seamless turn initiation. This sidecut allows for a wide variety of turn lengths and angles.
- Titanal reinforcement plates laid up on top of Faction's hybrid balsa/pachaco cores ensure binding screws hold like nothing else and add durability to these super lightweight cores.