The 2018 Elan Insomnia is a slope-lovin' woman's snow dream. An amphibian by nature, it combines long and short turns with precision and comfort, while boosting your heart rate with every single turn. Created as an on-piste women's charger, the Insomnia utilizes Elan's innovative Amphibio 4D Technology. Combining the Amphibio profile, a smart combination of camber for greater edge grip and rocker for faster and direct turns, with a pre-shaped, vibration reducing titanium layer in the front and rear. A convex front shape will help you initiate a turn with precision, while the concave rear will make you exit the turn in a dynamic fashion. To match the top-notch tech and performance, its stylish design features will have heads turning when you charge by. Ladies, don't lose sleep over this carver, the Insomia ski and system binding package is designed to bring the ultimate levels of long and short turn agility with a forgiving and stable feel to kiss the groomers goodnight.
Comes pre-mounted with Elan ELW 11.0 Power Shift system bindings. DIN 3 - 11.
- Dimensions: 131 - 84 - 112mm / R 17m
- Amphibio 4D: Elan’s patented Amphibio 4D technology is the latest evolution in modern ski design. The 4D concept has traditionally flat structural layers in the ski strategically shaped in convex and concave forms in the tip and tail of the ski. This shaped structure concept, combined with the Amphibio profile provides unrivalled all-mountain versatility, power and performance.
- Amphibio Profile: A revolutionary ski design that integrates both rocker and camber profiles into dedicated left and right skis. Amphibio skis feature a cambered inside edge assuring precision, edge grip, and stability while a rockered outside edge provides forgiveness, turning ease and smooth transitions.
- Power Shift Binding Chassis: A free flex plate-in-plate design that maximises power and performance. Its lean profile is constructed with lightweight composites and vibration absorbing materials to ensure a smooth and direct transfer of energy to optimize precision and performance.
- RST Sidewall Construction: Optimizes the transfer of power and energy from skier to the edge of the ski, providing maximum edge hold from the tip to the tail of the ski.
- Trulite Wood Core: Ultra-light and enhances performance obtained through the flex pattern that is optimized women. The Trulite Wood Core transmits power directly to the edges, providing strength and versatility that can perform in a variety of conditions.
- Dual Ti / Ti2 Construction: Dual TI is a sandwiched wood core with 2 layers of titanium. This construction provides superior edge control and a progressive flex pattern for high performance skis.
- Model: Elan ELW 11.0 Shift
- DIN: 3 - 11
- System Binding that will fit any size boot without the need for tools.
- Allows for versatile positioning along the length of the ski for added versatility in ski performance
- Power Shift Chassis
- MPN: DB7646-16