If you hear the name Elan and think "I haven't heard from them in 15 years," then it's time for you to get reacquainted with the best ski craftsmen in the world. Elan made its name making the original parabolic skis, then fell off the map, but the last few years have seen it come back with a vengeance, thanks in large part to the new Amphibio design found on the Elan Spectrum 105 ALU Ski. While it's become standard for skis to have a rockered or early-rise tip--something the Spectrum also features--Elan's the only company that designs its skis with rockered and cambered edges, too. Each ski is designated "left" or "right", and the inside edge of each is cambered, which provides loads of edge grip when you're hammering aggressive turns, while the outside edges are rockered, letting you throw down loose, surfier turns in softer snow.
The Elan Spectrum 105 Alu Amphibio ski boasts this combination of aggression and playfulness with AluBlade technology, which features an aluminum laminate over the powerful inside edge, serving up even more power without limiting the surfiness of the outside edge or adding extra weight. The wood core keeps the ski light, lively, and playful, while the SST sidewalls add some traditional bite and durability to all the space-age tech. The Spectrum even riffs on the popular "fun-shape" pin-tail design with its Diamond tip and tail, which is narrower in the tail and wider in the front to slice through chop and float over soft snow if you weight your tails. Try it, and you'll see what all the fuss is about. The Elan Spectrum 105 Alu are thin, durable and lightweight. These skis are super reliable and responsive, perfect for high-caliber, adventurous skiing!
The Elan Spectrum 105 Alu is a perfect choice for experienced and demanding freeriders. These skis deliver quality-crafted performance that is quite hard to find elsewhere.
This pair was skied for 6 runs total. Yes, total! The bindings are just as new. Mounted with a beautifully color-matched pair of 2018 Salomon Warden MNC 13 all-mountain bindings, this setup is as mint as the day they were taken from the plastic. Bindings were mounted for a 304mm sole length, but will adjust to fit from 290 - 320mm without remounting. The Warden 13 MNC combines strength and precision with the smooth progressive power transfer you need in varying snow conditions. It has an Oversized Platform and U-Power Toe - a 30% wider platform built to better manage wider skis. It provides maximum lateral power transmission plus precise steering, natural flex and strong dampening. MNC stands for Multi Norm Certified, which means it works with all types of soles – DIN, Touring and Walk To Ride (WTR) – and fits every normed boot on the market. So it’s ideal if you want one binding for your all-mountain and backcountry skiing. DIN Range 5 - 13.
- Size: 180cm
- Dimensions: 142 - 105 - 120 mm
- Traditional camber with a slightly rockered tip
- Amphibio Technology: Exclusively Elan! Amphibio consists of a rockered outside and cambered inside edges: The Amphibio Proﬁle, an uncompromised innovation delivering both rocker and camber beneﬁts at the same time, now expands to the main Elan ski categories. Combined with the best construction technologies and innovations, Amphibio Proﬁle guarantees outstanding performance and raises expectations for all types of skier on all types of terrain.
- Laminated wood core for extreme durability, responsiveness, dampening, and solid edge hold. This tip-to-tail laminated woodcore is specially shaped for each model and size. Using different wood types in various combinations allows adjustment of flex pattern for different uses. This extremely responsive and highly durable woodcore transmits power directy to the edges and allows versatility on various slope conditions.
- Left and Right Construction: Amphibio® Profile, ALUblade and Diamond tip & tail, are the key features of the SPECTRUM Left & Right Construction. The ALUblade technology with its asymmetrical aluminium shape assures additional edge grip where it is needed. The integration with the Amphibio® Profile, fine-tuned for the big mountain range, delivers both camber and rocker benefits.
- AluBlade aluminum laminate construction: The ALUblade technology provides skis with the best features for all terrain performance. In fact aluminium shape enhances responsiveness and stability; its position on the inside of the ski assures additional edge grip where it is needed the most giving great control on hard packed snow. The lesser aluminium presence on the outside edge improves floatation on powder. A real integrated support to the Amphibio® Profile
- SST Sidewalls: Sidewall Construction features a vertically placed ABS material above the edges from tip to tail of the ski. Sidewall offers direct power transmission from the skier's foot to the edge for control and stability at speeds and provides acceleration out of the turns
- Diamond tip and tail: Diamond tip works like an arrow; cutting the powder and making the skis come out on the surface. Diamond tail is slightly lifted and narrower and makes the back part of the ski go deep into the snow, assuring good floatation
- DIN Range: 5 - 13
- Mounted for 302mm BSL. Will adjust to fit 285 - 316mm BSL without remounting.
- Low Profile Chassis
- Oversized Platform + U-Power Toe
- Progressive Transfer Pads
- MNC Multi Norm Compatible accepts any boot sole
- Color: Black/Red
- MPN: 377794