The race slalom-inspired, 2018 Dynastar Speed Zone 16 Ti (R21 Racing) merges World Cup caliber precision with smooth, responsive ski control for the most comfortable and fluid carving sensations on snow. Race-room developed Powerdrive technology unlocks the skis' natural flex effectively planting the ski to the snow to unleash quiet acceleration, smooth, dynamic power, and unparalleled edge grip.
Featuring Dynastar's all-new, industry-first "active suspension" technology, Powerdrive works like the chasis of a race car, absorbing changing terrain and eliminating instability, effectively planting the ski to the snow to unleash quiet acceleration, smooth, dynamic power, and groundbreaking edge grip and control. Early Rise tip rocker in the Speed Zone eases turn initiation, rolling seamlessly edge to edge while retaining traditional snap, power, and rebound underfoot for energetic and playful carving performance.
This gorgeous pair of Speed Zone 16 Ti skis will come pre-mounted and ready to ski with a set of 2018 Look SPX 14 Rockerflex bindings and R21 race plate. The Look SPX 14 Rockerflex binding is an elite-level, competition race binding. The strongest coupling strength and longest elastic travel on the market deliver instant power transmission, precision, and control with superior shock absorption for reduced pre-release. The short mounting zone and semi-suspended heel enhance ski flex for more precision and control. Derived directly from the prototypes used by World Cup athletes, Look's Rockerflex concept features a smaller binding attachment area and semi-suspended heelpiece, providing a more natural ski flex for maximum precision and control. This is the recommended binding for the Speed Zone 16 Ti.
- Ski Length: 168 cm
- Ski Dimensions: 121 - 67 - 105 mm
- Radius: 13m
- Sandwich Construction: Full wood cores, fiberglass and metal laminates, with full-length vertical sidewalls deliver optimum snow feel, balance, precision, power and stability.
- Powerdrive: A vertical sidewall made from three materials: a visco-elastic component to absorb uneven terrain, a second Titanal part to boost performance and the ABS element of the sidewall, which plays its traditional and pivotal role of ensuring ski/ snow contact.
- Fibro Metal: Utilizes varying shapes of metal and fiberglass laminates at staggered lengths in the tip of the ski to provide a lighter extremity. The unique layered shapes control tip torsion which smoothes out turn initiation and improves full-length edge contact. The lighter weight tip improves the swing weight of the ski for quick and adaptable turn initiation.
- Tip Rocker: Engineered with traditional camber through the majority of the ski and subtle, low tip rocker. Camber provides increased energy, shock-absorption, and edge grip, while the subtle tip rocker allows easier pivoting on flat skis, instant turn initiation for instictive carving performance, and confident, full-length edge contact through the turn.
- Wood Core: Traditional wood core constructions offer a natural blend of energy, liveliness, and stability.
- MPN: DAGC601
- DIN Range: 5 - 14
- Long Elasticity: Longer elastic travel ensures more reliable retention to keep you in when you need. LOOK bindings offer the most elastic travel (lateral and vertical) and the fastest re-centering prior to release, ensuring superior shock absorption to reduce unwanted pre-release.
- Short Mounting Zone: The shortened mounting zone provides less swing weight, improved response, and a deeper, rounder, more consistent ski flex.
- Multi-Directional Release: Look is the only binding brand to develop a true mechanical upward release that functions independently from the heel for the most effective multi-directional protection in the case of a fall.
- MPN: FCFA023