Brooks-Range Mountaineering is a small company of mountaineers providing a selection of innovative, top-quality equipment for alpinists, backcountry travelers, and professional mountain and ski guides. Brooks Range equipment is designed to maximize your enjoyment and safety in the mountains. To insure the quality of BRM outdoor gear, these pieces are tested by some of the world's top mountaineering and backcountry professionals, ensuring that each specific Brooks Range item is purpose-designed and built for backcountry adventure to the highest of standards.
In the backcountry, form should follow function. That's why all BRM clothing uses:
• Gimmick Free Designs. Thanks to rigorous field-testing by professional guides worldwide.
• Advanced Fabrics. The lightest weight, highest thread-count fabrics available. Calendered fabrics deliver water resistance that won't wear out, and breathe like simple nylon.
• 800-fill Down. It's harder to source and pricier, but it delivers superior loft and insulation to keep you warm when it matters.
• Superior Construction. Every product has straight, tight seams that are double-stitched, over-lock stitched, or bar-tacked at critical zones to last and last.
The women's Armor Jacket is BRM's most durable, full feature, waterproof jacket, made of Polartec® NeoShell® Fabric. The Armor Jacket was created with movement in mind. Brooks Range designers looked to develop ways to remove the extra heat and body moisture away from your core while making sure your core is still fully protected from the elements. This jacket will enhance the users mid and base layers systems so they can create a comfortable internal environment in any weather conditions, all the while keeping you comfortable and dry. All these issues need to be address and the jacket still has to be a comfortable to wear. BRM came up with some creative ideas of how to solve these problems with the Armor Jacket.
- Color: Fuchsia
- Polartec® NeoShell® Fabric (Similar to Gore-Tex)
- DWR finish for additional weather protection
- Fully seam taped for durability and weather protection
- Articulated elbows
- Rise free arm construction
- Asymmetrical cuffs
- YKK® water resistent zippers
- Slider covers
- Easy to grab zip pulls
- Internal zipper flaps for increased protection
- Flow Vent System®
- Removed the bulk under the arms for a better fit
- Vent at the front of the arm facilitates air flow and ventilation when moving
- Back vent can be opened to allow additional air flow
- Chest mesh pocket allows additional air flow
- Open the front and rear vents for excellent ventilation.
- Designed to be worn over layers
- Helmet compatible hood
- Easy to grab cord adjustments
- Drawcord tunnels to eliminate cords flapping in the wind
- Two chest pockets
- Two hand warming pockets
- Weight: 14 oz