Brooks-Range Mountaineering is a small company of mountaineers providing a selection of innovative, top-quality equipment for alpinists, backcountry travelers, and professional mountain and ski guides. Brooks Range equipment is designed to maximize your enjoyment and safety in the mountains. To insure the quality of BRM outdoor gear, these pieces are tested by some of the world's top mountaineering and backcountry professionals, ensuring that each specific Brooks Range item is purpose-designed and built for backcountry adventure to the highest of standards.
In the backcountry, form should follow function. That's why all BRM clothing uses:
• Gimmick Free Designs. Thanks to rigorous field-testing by professional guides worldwide.
• Advanced Fabrics. The lightest weight, highest thread-count fabrics available. Calendered fabrics deliver water resistance that won't wear out, and breathe like simple nylon.
• 800-fill Down. It's harder to source and pricier, but it delivers superior loft and insulation to keep you warm when it matters.
• Superior Construction. Every product has straight, tight seams that are double-stitched, over-lock stitched, or bar-tacked at critical zones to last and last.
When you’re at altitude, you want warmth without bulk or weight in your jacket. So Brooks Range built their Alpini Mountain Anorak series using premium 800-power, DownTek® goose down. This insures that the parka compresses into the smallest space possible when packed, but fluffs up as much as possible to keep you warm in the mountains. The Alpini Mountain Anorak Hoody down parka is made for both men and women - because this is just about staying warm, comfortable, and carrying as little extra gear as possible. This hooded down puffy jacket pulls right over everything else you are wearing for an instant surge of heat and protection, whether you're belaying high on a wall, or just shivering at the top of a peak while your partner skis first. A ¾ zip in front and two size zippers let you adjust how and where you ventilate core temperature. The side zips make it easy to use a climbing harness underneath the jacket without compromising mobility or warmth. An insulated kangaroo pocket keeps your hands warm and it comes with Velcro closures on the hem and cuffs. This is both a technical and comfort piece through and through.
- Color: Fiery Orange
- Hooded Version - Down Insulated and Helmet Compatible
- 10d Nylon, Downproof by construction
- DWR finish for additional weather protection
- 800 Fill Goose Down with DownTek®
- 5.5 oz fill weight
- Responsible Down Standard; Traceable down
- Sewn through baffle construction
- Velcro cuffs
- Designed to be worn over layers
- Easy to grab cord adjustments
- One internal chest pocket
- Two hand warming pockets
- Chin guard
- Side zipper for ventilation
- Kangaroo pocket
- Snap side closers
- Weight: 15.5oz