The Blizzard Bodacious is an incredibly well-crafted big mountain ski for hard chargers who love to go fast no matter how difficult the terrain, or sketchy the conditions. Carbon Fiber in the tips and tails reduces the swing weight while making them feel calm and less prone to vibrations. Blizzard's Carbon Flipcore gives you the feeling that you’re even more connected to the snow than ever before. With a complete re-design for 2017, the Blizzard Bodacious turns a page from the Arne Backstrom era, but Arne would still love this ski. This new Bodacious still crushes in any big mountain conditions, but feels a little more nimble and alive without the two sheets of Titanal. This year's skis are lighter at the tips and tails, with carbon fiber integrated into the Flip Core build. The turn radius has also dropped to 27 meters in a 185 (the previous year's ski was 32 meters). Slightly better performance in tight spots doesn't change the fact that the Bodacious is meant to charge hard; high speed precision arcs at Mach Looney will still bring a smile of delight to your face.
This particular set has a minor manufacturer blemish on one tip. Blemish is shown in photos. It does not appear to have caused any meaningful damage, and will not impede on the ski performance or integrity.
- Ski Dimensions: 138 - 118 - 127mm
- Radius: 27m
- Rocker Flat Rocker: Long, gradual tip rocker and mild tail rocker, flat in the middle. The noticeable curvature of the tip and tail favors optimal flotation in backcountry terrain. The flat profile in the middle guarantees stability on harder snow.
- Medium Stiff Flex
- Huge 118mm waist provides excellent flotation and stability in crud
- Bamboo Isocore construction features a Poplar wood core with bamboo stringers
- Carbon Flip Core Technology: In an evolution of the famed Blizzard Flip Core process, which starts with the core contour matching the intended rocker profile, 90˚ directional carbon fiber is integrated into the core at the tip and tail, stabilizing the extremities of the ski while reducing swing weight. Win-win for you.
- Lite Core / Poplar-Beech: Specifically developed to meet the needs of modern freeride skiers. This core provides a great strength to weight ratio thanks to Isocore and light wood or bamboo elements.
- Titanal Binding Interface
- Sandwich Compound Sidewall: All Blizzard skis with the exception of some junior skis are built with ABS or Phenol sidewalls for superior performance (stability, power transmission, handling) and durability.
- Sintered Graphite Base
- Powder Magazine Skier's Choice, Backcountry Magazine Gear Guide Selection, Skiing Magazine Official Selection