The 2017 Black Diamond Helio 105 is an ultralight AT ski for dawn-to-dusk backcountry missions and technical descents in mixed and soft conditions. This ski balances playful, soft-snow performance with technical precision. The Helio 105’s pre-preg carbon fiber layup makes it incredibly light for big vert days and technical ascents, while maintaining a smooth flex and torsional stiffness for reliable, responsive skiing on the way down. Early rise in the tip and tail improves flotation and trail-breaking efficiency, and an ABS tail protector also has an integrated skin-clip tab to keep your skins from sliding off.
The reviews are in: The Helio 105 Carbon is quite possibly the best ski Black Diamond has ever built. The alpine touring world just took another step forward.
- Dimensions: 132 - 105 - 119 mm
- Versatile 105-mm waist with early rise tip and tail
- Pre-preg carbon fiber layup offers torsional stiffness and balanced flex
- Ultralight engineered balsa flax wood core
- 5 mm beveled ABS sidewalls
- Sidewall construction
- Titanal mounting plate
- ABS tail protector with integrated skin-clip tab
- Optimal use: 70% soft snow / 30% hard snow
- Weight: 6 lb 5 oz per pair