As a blend of GS and SL skis from Atomic, the all-new, highly affordable 2018 Redster X5 suits frontside skiers who want to make a variety of turn shapes with precision and stability. Equipped with high-end features like a Power woodcore, a Titanal stabilizer for rock-solid performance at speed, and full sidewalls for direct power transmissions to your edges, the Redster X5 features the power and stability you crave out of a pure hard pack ski, but adds a touch of forgiveness thanks to minimal tip rocker and dampening foam core inserts. The Atomic Redster X5 is built for on-piste skiers who may race on weekends, but who want to keep their skills -and edges- sharp during the week. This makes a wonderful training ski for those looking for an entry into running gates. It's versatile enough to handle skiing on hard as a learning tool, or to allow you to cruise a few extra laps with the family after lunch, when you've still got some spring in your step, but no one is pushing you to be perfect.
The 2018 Redster X5 ski is perfectly paired with the factory default 2018 Atomic Mercury 11 system bindings. The Mercury 11 is the perfect solution if you’re looking for high-end, lightweight performance and toolless adjustment. Full Flex allows the ski to flex and arc fully and naturally. The M11 delivers control, power, and, crucially, the utmost in safety.
- Dimensions: 121.5 - 71 - 104mm
- Radius: 13m
- Includes Atomic Mercury 11 integrated system binding. DIN 3-11. Fits any size boot.
- Race Rocker Profile: (5/95/0) The ideal rocker shape for hard pack slopes. Its strong camber provides precise edge grip while the very slight early rise in the tip means easier turn initiation and no unwanted edge-catching for safety at high speeds.
- Moderately Stiff Flex
- Power Woodcore: A sporty, dynamic ash and poplar woodcore that adds a ton of stability and dampens vibrations at speed.
- Densolite Core: A foam core that's agile and dampens vibrations for effortless skiing.
- Full Sidewall for power, better stability, and edging
- Titanium Stabilizer: One titanal layer under the core for great shock absorption and torsional flex.
- Structured Top Sheet
- World Cup Base Finish: Fast on any snow, can stand up to anything, and are easy to maintain.
- Weight: 1834 g per ski @ 175cm
- MPN: AA0026582