The 2020 Atomic Backland Ultimate is the lightest ski boot Atomic has ever made – a lean, mean endurance touring machine.
Climb, climb and climb some more. If endurance touring is your thing (and it is for more and more people) then the Atomic Backland Ultimate is for you. It’s Backland’s leaner, meaner younger brother, incredibly light with loads of movement. In fact it weighs in at just 750g a boot, making it the lightest Atomic have ever made. Combined with the smooth natural movement of the Frictionless Pivot and single opening/closing mechanism, it feels like a hiking boot, and may even be lighter than your summer hiking boots!
This uphill machine has a tough yet lightweight Grilamid shell with a Carbon spine to assure power and precision when you're ripping turns down your fourth peak of the day. Atomic's Memory Fit 3D technology features a heat-moldable shell, cuff, and liner, for a fully customizable fit that's sure to please just about any odd-footed fellow on the skintrack, and the impressive 80-degree cuff rotation offers more range of motion than your ankle could ever need. Skywalk Rubber and a rockered sole give you solid traction on icy traverses and slick bootpacks, so you'll have no problem when it's time to pop the skis off for the trickier part of the ascent.
- Weight: 775g per boot
- Atomic's lightest offering for uphill-oriented backcountry skiers
- 96mm last provides a precise fit for slaying your line
- Free/Lock 3.0 is one of the easiest and simplest boot closure designs out there.
- Serviceable, frictionless pivots are rock solid for skiing precision and walking freedom.
- Impressive 80° cuff rotation in walk mode lets you climb efficiently
- Thermo-moldable liner delivers a comfortable, customizable fit
- Carbon cuff ensures a stiff, powerful feel on the descent
- Precise, easy closure snugly hugs your foot in place
- Grippy Skywalk rubber sole holds on during icy bootpacks
- TLT Bindings only
- MPN: AE5019080