The 2018 Atomic Backland UL 85 is the widest ski in Atomic's Endurance Touring Backland UL ski series. Successor to the Atomic Ultimate series, Atomic has optimized the overall construction in this new range: adding a slim AT Tip 2.0 that cuts like a blade through chop and crud, with a cut-out tip for fixing skins quickly during races. This particular model is light for climbing with an Ultra Light Woodcore. Then particularly strong downhill – with an 85mm waist, All Mountain Rocker in the tip, and two ultra-lightweight carbon inserts running along the ski for great power transfer to the snow. The Backland UL 85 is perfect for alpine touring, chute skiing, long approaches, racing, and all-out summit assaults.
This barely used, mint condition pair of Backland UL 85 skis comes pre-mounted with a gorgeous pair of Atomic's all-new 2018 frameless Backland Tour Tech Binding! For backcountry alpine touring performance, the Atomic Backland AT binding boasts convenience, reliability and incredibly lean weight. The toe piece features a large, sturdy lever that’s easy to manipulate with frozen hands or thick gloves. A retractable toe guide makes it easier than ever to step into the binding, but disappears once your boot is in so technical skin tracks are a breeze. Then two climbing aids work separately from the heel tower, so with one easy click you can choose between 0°, 7° and 13° positions. Performance-wise, the Backland Tour is exceptional, with a broad 40mm mounting width for max power transmission on wide skis (this also cuts the risk of the screws pulling out). The Backland Tour sports a 30mm sole-length adjustment – longer than most pin bindings – and is compatible with standard crampons. Twist the heel housing 90° and you get a flat mode which makes long approaches much easier. This is the package to have for fast, light, confident backcountry excursions.
- Dimensions: 120 - 85 - 110 mm
- All-Mountain Rocker: 15% Rocker / 85% Camber
- Ultra Light Woodcore: Incredibly lightweight poplar and Caruba wood keeps the weight down without compromising downhill performance.
- AT Tip 2.0: A new slim tip that cuts like a blade through chop and crud, with a cut-out tip for fixing skins quickly when time matters.
- Carbon Powered: Two ultra-lightweight carbon inserts create stability and transfer power to the snow for unmatched performance downhill.
- Fiber Grid: A new layer that adds durability to the overall construction.
- Weight: 1100g per ski
- MPN: AA0026290
- Access the convenient climbing aids with less manipulation because you don't need to turn the heel, and step in more easily with Atomic's patented step-in aid technology.
- 30mm Sole Length Adjustment fits most common boot sizes without remounting.
- Weight: 592 gr per pair
- Simple, reliable construction with fewer pieces adds robustness, and a wider screw pattern offers better energy transmission.
- Compatible only with pin / Tech-insert touring boots
- Integrated crampon receptor minimizes extra parts to deal with, lose, or break.
- Two climbing aid positions, plus a flat mode adapt to the oncoming terrain.
- Wide 40mm mounting platform for high-speed stability and power transfer.
- Machined risers add versatility at a minimal weight.
- Long toe lever for extra leverage switching modes.
- MPN: ADSS00032