The 2018 Backland UL 78 is a top model in Atomic's new Backland UL Endurance Touring range. Successor to the Ultimate backcountry ski series, Atomic has optimized the overall construction of the Backland UL 78, adding a new slim AT Tip 2.0 that cuts like a blade through chop and crud, with a cut-out tip for fixing skins quickly during races. This model has an Ultra Light Woodcore and weighs only 980g per ski for a competitive edge on the climb. It’s also Carbon Powered with two ultra-lightweight carbon inserts for stability and better power transfer to the snow on the way down. Awesomely fast and light uphill, this is a mountaineering alpine touring ski with the kind of downhill performance that will have you hunting out lines you used to think were too big and too far.
These will come packaged with a brand new, in the box pair of 2018 Dynafit TLT Speedfit tech AT bindings. Dynafit's TLT Speedfit Binding is a 310-gram, minimalistic ski touring binding that combines the characteristics of a lightweight, ascent binding with the advantages of a classic ski touring binding. The frameless touring binding with steel components is impressive with its improved power transfer, achieved with the bayonet closure at the heel unit. The heel unit can be adjusted to release values from 5 to 10. The TLT Speedfit binding has also 5mm of flex in both directions when it comes to the length adjustment. The Speed Step heel lifter functions beautifully and can be employed or deactivated on the fly with your pole. The excenter for locking the toe piece has been lengthened to again increase the simplicity of adjusting and locking the binding. Optional ski stoppers can also be attached (not included).
- Dimensions: 113 - 78 - 103 mm
- All-Mountain Rocker: 15% Rocker / 85% Camber
- Ultra Light Woodcore: Incredibly lightweight poplar and Caruba wood keeps the weight down without compromising downhill performance.
- AT Tip 2.0: A new slim tip that cuts like a blade through chop and crud, with a cut-out tip for fixing skins quickly when time matters.
- Carbon Powered: Two ultra-lightweight carbon inserts create stability and transfer power to the snow for unmatched performance downhill.
- Fiber Grid: A new layer that adds durability to the overall construction.
- Weight: 980 g (163)
- MPN: AA0026292
- Manual Bayonet Lock
- Fixed Front Release
- Ice Breaker Pins
- Speed Step Climbing Bar
- Steel Components: Chromoly, Forged Aluminum, and Stainless Steel
- Weight: 310g
- DIN Range: 5 - 10
- Adjustable Length: +/- 5mm
- MPN: 08-0000048791