The 2018 Backland UL 78 is a top model in Atomic's new Backland UL Endurance Touring range. Successor to the Ultimate backcountry ski series, Atomic has optimized the overall construction of the Backland UL 78, adding a new slim AT Tip 2.0 that cuts like a blade through chop and crud, with a cut-out tip for fixing skins quickly during races. This model has an Ultra Light Woodcore and weighs only 980g per ski for a competitive edge on the climb. It’s also Carbon Powered with two ultra-lightweight carbon inserts for stability and better power transfer to the snow on the way down. Awesomely fast and light uphill, this is a mountaineering alpine touring ski with the kind of downhill performance that will have you hunting out lines you used to think were too big and too far.
This barely used, mint condition pair of Backland UL 78 skis comes pre-mounted with a gorgeous pair of Atomic's all-new 2018 frameless Backland Tour Tech Binding! For backcountry alpine touring performance, the Atomic Backland AT binding boasts convenience, reliability and incredibly lean weight. The toe piece features a large, sturdy lever that’s easy to manipulate with frozen hands or thick gloves. A retractable toe guide makes it easier than ever to step into the binding, but disappears once your boot is in so technical skin tracks are a breeze. Then two climbing aids work separately from the heel tower, so with one easy click you can choose between 0°, 7° and 13° positions. Performance-wise, the Backland Tour is exceptional, with a broad 40mm mounting width for max power transmission on wide skis (this also cuts the risk of the screws pulling out). The Backland Tour sports a 30mm sole-length adjustment – longer than most pin bindings – and is compatible with standard crampons. Twist the heel housing 90° and you get a flat mode which makes long approaches much easier. This is the package to have for fast, light, confident backcountry excursions.
- Dimensions: 113 - 78 - 103 mm
- All-Mountain Rocker: 15% Rocker / 85% Camber
- Ultra Light Woodcore: Incredibly lightweight poplar and Caruba wood keeps the weight down without compromising downhill performance.
- AT Tip 2.0: A new slim tip that cuts like a blade through chop and crud, with a cut-out tip for fixing skins quickly when time matters.
- Carbon Powered: Two ultra-lightweight carbon inserts create stability and transfer power to the snow for unmatched performance downhill.
- Fiber Grid: A new layer that adds durability to the overall construction.
- Weight: 980 g (163)
- MPN: AA0026292
- Access the convenient climbing aids with less manipulation because you don't need to turn the heel, and step in more easily with Atomic's patented step-in aid technology.
- 30mm Sole Length Adjustment fits most common boot sizes without remounting.
- Weight: 592 gr per pair
- Simple, reliable construction with fewer pieces adds robustness, and a wider screw pattern offers better energy transmission.
- Compatible only with pin / Tech-insert touring boots
- Integrated crampon receptor minimizes extra parts to deal with, lose, or break.
- Two climbing aid positions, plus a flat mode adapt to the oncoming terrain.
- Wide 40mm mounting platform for high-speed stability and power transfer.
- Machined risers add versatility at a minimal weight.
- Long toe lever for extra leverage switching modes.
- MPN: ADSS00032