The 2018 Backland UL 78 is a top model in Atomic's new Backland UL Endurance Touring range. Successor to the Ultimate backcountry ski series, Atomic has optimized the overall construction of the Backland UL 78, adding a new slim AT Tip 2.0 that cuts like a blade through chop and crud, with a cut-out tip for fixing skins quickly during races. This model has an Ultra Light Woodcore and weighs only 980g per ski for a competitive edge on the climb. It’s also Carbon Powered with two ultra-lightweight carbon inserts for stability and better power transfer to the snow on the way down. Awesomely fast and light uphill, this is a mountaineering alpine touring ski with the kind of downhill performance that will have you hunting out lines you used to think were too big and too far.
- Dimensions: 113 - 78 - 103 mm
- All-Mountain Rocker: 15% Rocker / 85% Camber
- Ultra Light Woodcore: Incredibly lightweight poplar and Caruba wood keeps the weight down without compromising downhill performance.
- AT Tip 2.0: A new slim tip that cuts like a blade through chop and crud, with a cut-out tip for fixing skins quickly when time matters.
- Carbon Powered: Two ultra-lightweight carbon inserts create stability and transfer power to the snow for unmatched performance downhill.
- Fiber Grid: A new layer that adds durability to the overall construction.
- Weight: 980 g (163)
- MPN: AA0026292