Inspired by the former Automatic 117, the 2018 Atomic Backland FR 117 freeride ski is poised to win the hearts of big mountain skiers everywhere. Featuring the same 117mm waist, Titanium Sprocket Power Boosters and Powder Rocker profile, it’s now 10% stiffer, making it ideal for aggressive skiing on deep storm days or shredding Big Mountain spines. It also features Atomic's HRZN Tech horizontal tip rocker profile, making it the most well-adapted powder ski Atomic has ever built. And yet, it still delivers on harder snow thanks to the camber underfoot. A Light Woodcore optimizes the ski’s weight without sacrificing shock absorption or stability, making them awesome Freeride Touring skis, great for reaching the best backcountry spots.
- Dimensions: 140.5 - 117 - 129.5 mm / R 19m
- Powder Rocker Profile: 30% Tip rocker / 55% Camber / 15% Tail Rocker
- Tapered Tip and Tail: Refined Five Point shaping promotes tracking in dense snow and versatile speed control.
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary horizontal rocker profile to add 10% more surface area in tip and tail. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight, making it the best design yet for powder skiing.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Light Woodcore: A lightweight laminated poplar core that doesn't scrimp on power or stability.
- Lightweight and highly resistant topsheets (made from 50% rapeseed oil)
- Step Down Sidewall: Sidewall underfoot and cap at either end of the ski for the best balance of edgehold, swing weight and durability.
- 7000-series sintered bases that are fast on any snow, can stand up to anything, and are easy to maintain.
- 2 Year Warranty
- MPN: AA0026642