For 2018, Atomic has built the Backland WMN FR 109 ski for women skiers who rip in powder and plan to ski as much as they can. It’s the top ski in Atomic's new range of freeride powder chargers – successors to the popular Atomic Century line. It looks amazing, but more importantly, it feels amazing. With a Light Woodcore, fat 109mm waist, revolutionary HRZN Tech and Powder Rocker in tip and tail for awesome flotation, the Backland WMN FR 109 is most at home when it’s waist deep. That said, it’s also seriously versatile with a Carbon Backbone, pronounced camber underfoot and Step Down Sidewall 2.0, making it super stable on hard terrain. If you're on the verge of stepping up your freeride skills, this ski will be a game changer for you.
This barely used, mint condition pair of Backland FR 109 W skis comes pre-mounted with a gorgeous pair of Atomic's all-new 2018 frameless Backland Tour Tech Binding! For backcountry alpine touring performance, the Atomic Backland Tour AT binding boasts convenience, reliability and incredibly lean weight. The toe piece features a large, sturdy lever that’s easy to manipulate with frozen hands or thick gloves. A retractable toe guide makes it easier than ever to step into the binding, but disappears once your boot is in so technical skin tracks are a breeze. Then two climbing aids work separately from the heel tower, so with one easy click you can choose between 0°, 7° and 13° positions. Performance-wise, the Backland Tour is exceptional, with a broad 40mm mounting width for max power transmission on wide skis (this also cuts the risk of the screws pulling out). The Backland Tour sports a 30mm sole-length adjustment – longer than most pin bindings – and is compatible with standard crampons. Twist the heel housing 90° and you get a flat mode which makes long approaches much easier. This is the package to have for fast, light, confident backcountry excursions.
- Dimensions: 133 - 109 - 123 mm
- Powder Rocker Profile: 25% Tip Rocker / 65% Camber / 10% Tail Rocker
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary horizontal rocker profile to add 10% more surface area in tip and tail. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight, making it the best design yet for powder skiing.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Light Woodcore: Poplar optimizes the ski's weight without sacrificing shock absorbtion or stability.
- Step Down Sidewall: Features a symmetrical step on each end that's stable, light, and durable.
- Weight: 1700 g
- MPN: AA0026622
- Access the convenient climbing aids with less manipulation because you don't need to turn the heel, and step in more easily with Atomic's patented step-in aid technology.
- 30mm Sole Length Adjustment fits most common boot sizes without remounting.
- Weight: 592 gr per pair
- Simple, reliable construction with fewer pieces adds robustness, and a wider screw pattern offers better energy transmission.
- Compatible only with pin / Tech-insert touring boots
- Integrated crampon receptor minimizes extra parts to deal with, lose, or break.
- Two climbing aid positions, plus a flat mode adapt to the oncoming terrain.
- Wide 40mm mounting platform for high-speed stability and power transfer.
- Machined risers add versatility at a minimal weight.
- Long toe lever for extra leverage switching modes.
- MPN: ADSS00032