For 2017, Atomic has built the Backland FR 109 W ski for women skiers who rip in powder and plan to ski as much as they can. It’s the top ski in Atomic's new range of freeride powder chargers – successors to the popular Century line. It looks amazing, but more importantly, it feels amazing. With a Light Woodcore, fat 109 waist, revolutionary HRZN Tech and Powder Rocker in tip and tail for awesome floatation, the Backland FR W 109 is most at home when it’s waist deep. That said, it’s also seriously versatile with a Carbon Backbone, pronounced camber underfoot and Step Down Sidewall 2.0, making it super stable on hard terrain. If you're on the verge of stepping up your freeride skills, this ski will be a game changer for you.
- Dimensions: 133 - 109 - 123 mm
- Powder Rocker Profile: 25% Tip Rocker / 65% Camber / 10% Tail Rocker
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary horizontal rocker profile to add 10% more surface area in tip and tail. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight, making it the best design yet for powder skiing.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Light Woodcore: Poplar optimizes the ski's weight without sacrificing shock absorbtion or stability.
- Step Down Sidewall: Features a symmetrical step on each end that's stable, light, and durable.
- Weight: 1700 g
- MPN: AA0026220