For 2018, Atomic has built the Backland WMN FR 109 ski for women skiers who rip in powder and plan to ski as much as they can. It’s the top ski in Atomic's new range of freeride powder chargers – successors to the popular Atomic Century line. It looks amazing, but more importantly, it feels amazing. With a Light Woodcore, fat 109mm waist, revolutionary HRZN Tech and Powder Rocker in tip and tail for awesome flotation, the Backland WMN FR 109 is most at home when it’s waist deep. That said, it’s also seriously versatile with a Carbon Backbone, pronounced camber underfoot and Step Down Sidewall 2.0, making it super stable on hard terrain. If you're on the verge of stepping up your freeride skills, this ski will be a game changer for you.
This pair will come pre-mounted with a set of 2018 Atomic Warden 13 DT bindings, which combine strength and precision with the smooth progressive power transfer you need in varying snow conditions. It has an Oversized Platform and U-Power Toe - a 30% wider platform built to better manage wider skis. It provides maximum lateral power transmission plus precise steering, natural flex and strong dampening. The Warden 13 DT also allows you to adjust your mounting position along the ski length, and comes ready to be fit to any boot size without the need for tools. DIN Range 5 - 13.
- Dimensions: 133 - 109 - 123 mm
- Powder Rocker Profile: 25% Tip Rocker / 65% Camber / 10% Tail Rocker
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary horizontal rocker profile to add 10% more surface area in tip and tail. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight, making it the best design yet for powder skiing.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Light Woodcore: Poplar optimizes the ski's weight without sacrificing shock absorbtion or stability.
- Step Down Sidewall: Features a symmetrical step on each end that's stable, light, and durable.
- Weight: 1700 g
- MPN: AA0026622
- DIN Range: 5 - 13
- Low Profile Chassis
- Oversized Platform + U-Power Toe
- Progressive Transfer Pads
- Adjusts to fit any boot size without remounting
- MNC Multi Norm Compatible accepts any boot sole
- Allows the ski to arc fully and naturally, improving edge grip and dampening vibration
- Allows you to change your mounting position along the length of the ski, greatly enhancing the ski's adaptability as conditions warrant.
- MPN: AD5001176