At 987g per boot, the 2017 Atomic Backland Carbon Light is the lightest model in Atomic's new Backland touring series – a custom boot that’s all about the ascent. One of its standout features is the Platinum Light liner, which is superlight and has breathable zones on the midsole and base to allow excess heat and moisture to escape during climbing.
The Backland Carbon Light is also packed with touring features for epic natural movement like the Frictionless Pivot, Quick Click Tongue system and Free/Lock 2.0 mechanism that frees the cuff from the shell for incredible 74° cuff mobility. They feature a Cross Lace system that wraps the foot, plus a rockered sole for climbing. And unlike any other touring boots, Backland boots are packed with Atomic all-mountain technology, like a Carbon Spine for powerful skiing and Memory Fit to make them super comfortable.
- Last: 98 mm Narrow: Relaxed 98 mm forefoot width with above average instep height and medium heel width.
- Memory Fit: The shell, cuff and liner of Memory Fit boots can be heat molded for a completely custom fit. The molding process is simple and permanent, and can add up to 6 mm of forefoot width and 10 mm of ankle width.
- Quick Click Tongue System: Backland boots are usually skied with the removable tongue in place; tongue is normally removed for skinning. The tongues slip in for skiing and out for touring in seconds.
- Soft Tongue Included: Supportive soft tongue for touring and skiing.
- Backland Platinum Light Liner: Breathable Liner with Heat Moldable Ultralon™ Foam. Hand Washable. Laces Included.
- Shell: Grilamid
- Cuff: Grilamid w/ Carbon Spine
- 13˚ or 17˚ Adjustable Forward Lean
- Free/Lock 2.0 Walk Mode: 74˚ range of motion for skinning and climbing.
- Frictionless Pivot: Igus polymer bushings reduce resistance and add durability for completely natural movement and effortless ascents.
- Simple and Secure External Lever
- Cross Lace Buckle System: Evenly distributes pressure over the instep and forefoot.
- 7000 Series Aluminum Buckles
- Ultralight 30 mm Mesh Power Strap
- Skywalk Rubber Rockered Sole
- Compatible With Tech Bindings Only: Bindings that require an additional screw mount heel fitting (Dynafit Beast 16 and 14, Marker Kingpin) may not be compatible due to hollow heel profile - check with your ski tech.