The newly revamped 2018 Atomic Backland Carbon touring boots come with a reinforced carbon shell, a stiff tongue and a supportive liner that make them robust with serious downhill performance. The liner is also perforated on the base for great breathability. The Backland Carbon boots feature Atomic's Frictionless Pivot, Quick Click Tongue system, and Free/Lock 2.0 mechanism that allow for an incredible 74° of epic natural movement. Wow. Talk about casual strolling. Unlike any other touring boots, Backland boots are also packed with Atomic all-mountain boot technology – like Memory Fit to make them super comfortable, and a Carbon Spine for powerful skiing. All topped of with a Cross Lace system that wraps the foot more securely than ever and a rockered sole for climbing.
- Last: 98 mm Narrow: Relaxed 98 mm forefoot width with above average instep height and medium heel width.
- Memory Fit: The shell, cuff and liner of Memory Fit boots can be heat molded for a completely custom fit. The molding process is simple and permanent, and can add up to 6 mm of forefoot width and 10 mm of ankle width.
- Quick Click Tongue System: Backland boots are usually skied with the removable tongue in place; tongue is normally removed for skinning. The tongues slip in for skiing and out for touring in seconds.
- Backland Platinum Liner: Breathable liner with heat moldable Ultralon™ foam. Hand Washable. Laces Included. Extra Support in Calf Area and Tongue
- Shell is made with Carbon reinforced Grilamid.
- Cuff is made with Grilamid and Carbon Spine
- Stance: 13" or 17" Adjustable Forward Lean
- Free/Lock 2.0 Walk Mode - 74˚ range of motion for skinning and climbing.
- Frictionless Pivot: Igus polymer bushings reduce resistance and add durability for completely natural movement and effortless ascents.
- Simple and Secure External Lever
- Cross Lace Buckle System: Evenly distributes pressure over the instep and forefoot. 7000 Series Aluminum Buckles
- Ultralight 30 mm Mesh Power Strap
- Skywalk Rubber Rockered Sole
- Compatible With Tech Bindings Only. Bindings that require an additional screw mount heel fitting (Dynafit Beast 16 and 14, Marker Kingpin) may not be compatible due to hollow heel profile - check with your ski tech.
- MPN: AE5016840