Not every day can be a powder day (we wish!), and the fact is you always have to deal with a range of conditions and terrain when out ski touring. For 2018, Atomic has made a ski touring line with the versatility you need. The widest of which is the Atomic Backland 95 AT ski. They’re the perfect mix of a durable freeride and lightweight touring ski, ready for powder, crud and even hard pack. The Carbon Backbone and Ultra Light Woodcore makes climbing a breeze and skiing really stable. The Backland 95 also features HRZN Tech in the tip for tackling the deep stuff when you can get it. The 95mm waist is wide enough for you to get ample flotation on the really deep days and narrow enough to feel agile and not hinder you on the skin track on the way up. The AT Tip 2.0 cuts through difficult snow conditions and a cut out makes for easy skin attachment once you get to the top.
This barely used, mint condition pair of Backland 95 skis comes pre-mounted with a gorgeous pair of Atomic's all-new 2018 frameless Backland Tour Tech Binding! For backcountry alpine touring performance, the Atomic Backland AT binding boasts convenience, reliability and incredibly lean weight. The toe piece features a large, sturdy lever that’s easy to manipulate with frozen hands or thick gloves. A retractable toe guide makes it easier than ever to step into the binding, but disappears once your boot is in so technical skin tracks are a breeze. Then two climbing aids work separately from the heel tower, so with one easy click you can choose between 0°, 7° and 13° positions. Performance-wise, the Backland Tour is exceptional, with a broad 40mm mounting width for max power transmission on wide skis (this also cuts the risk of the screws pulling out). The Backland Tour sports a 30mm sole-length adjustment – longer than most pin bindings – and is compatible with standard crampons. Twist the heel housing 90° and you get a flat mode which makes long approaches much easier. This is the package to have for fast, light, confident backcountry excursions.
- Dimensions: 128 - 95 - 116.5mm
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary horizontal rocker profile to add 10% more surface area in tip and tail. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight, making it the best design yet for powder skiing.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Ultra-Light Woodcore: A lightweight laminated poplar core that doesn't scrimp on power or stability.
- AT Tip 2.0
- Full Sidewall Construction
- AMT Rocker: : 15% Tip Rocker, 85% Camber. Provides the perfect blend of float and edgehold for the backcountry.
- 1370g/Per Ski (@177cm)
- MPN: AA0026636
- Access the convenient climbing aids with less manipulation because you don't need to turn the heel, and step in more easily with Atomic's patented step-in aid technology.
- 30mm Sole Length Adjustment fits most common boot sizes without remounting.
- Weight: 592 gr per pair
- Simple, reliable construction with fewer pieces adds robustness, and a wider screw pattern offers better energy transmission.
- Compatible only with pin / Tech-insert touring boots
- Integrated crampon receptor minimizes extra parts to deal with, lose, or break.
- Two climbing aid positions, plus a flat mode adapt to the oncoming terrain.
- Wide 40mm mounting platform for high-speed stability and power transfer.
- Machined risers add versatility at a minimal weight.
- Long toe lever for extra leverage switching modes.
- MPN: ADSS00032