Not every day can be a powder day (we wish!), and the fact is you always have to deal with a range of conditions and terrain when out ski touring. For 2019, Atomic has made a ski touring line with the versatility you need. The widest of which is the 2019 Atomic Backland 95 AT ski. They’re the perfect mix of a durable freeride and lightweight touring ski, ready for powder, crud and even hard pack. The Carbon Backbone and Ultra Light Woodcore makes climbing a breeze and skiing really stable. Full sidewalls grip on ice. The Backland 95 also features Atomic's HRZN Tech in the tip, which increases surface area for powder, while also decreasing tip deflection in chop. The 95mm waist is wide enough for you to get ample flotation on the really deep days and narrow enough to feel agile and not hinder you on the skin track on the way up. The Tapered AT Tip 2.0 cuts through difficult snow conditions and a cut out makes for very easy climbing skin attachment.
- Dimensions: 128 - 95 - 116.5
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary horizontal rocker profile to add 10% more surface area in tip and tail. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight, making it the best design yet for powder skiing.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Ultra-Light Woodcore: A lightweight laminated poplar core that doesn't scrimp on power or stability.
- AT Tip 2.0
- Full Sidewall Construction
- AMT Rocker: 15% Tip Rocker, 85% Camber. Provides the perfect blend of float and edgehold for the backcountry.
- 1370g/Per Ski (@177cm)
- MPN: AA0026636