The newly revamped 2019 Atomic Backland 85 W women's ski is an all-round alpine touring performer for female backcountry skiers. It's the wider of the two Atomic Backland W skis, and the 85mm waist combined with an Ultra Light Woodcore means it’s also light, and especially good for climbing. It’s awesome on the way down, too, thanks to an All Mountain Rocker, Step Down Sidewall and super stable Carbon Backbone – a lightweight insert that runs the length of the ski providing outstanding agility and edge hold. This year's version features Atomic's HRZN Tech Tip, which adds surface area, while decreasing tip deflection in crud and powder.
The Backland 85 W is a fast and light women's touring ski for spring assaults on volcanoes, week-long hut trips, and for those who find joy in skinning with the least possible weight on their feet but prefer something burlier than a randonnée race stick for the descents, the Atomic Backland 85 W Skis are ultra light without feeling like toothpicks on the descent. If you want a balanced touring ski for all your touring days then this is your stick.
- Dimensions: 115 - 85 - 104mm
- Radius: 15m
- All Mountain Rocker: 15% Tip Rocker / 85% Camber / Flat Tail
- HRZN Tech Tip: HRZN Tech adds 10% more surface area at your ski tips. For awesome flotation in powder plus less tip deflection and better tracking through chop.
- Ultra Light Woodcore: A poplar and caruba woodcore for skis that are all about low weight without compromising downhill performance.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Cap Sidewall: Full sidewall under the binding, from base to topsheet, for controlled power transmission and great edge grip.
- Weight: 1050g/ski
- MPN: AA0027172