Not every day can be a powder day (we wish!), and the fact is you always have to deal with a range of conditions and terrain when out ski touring. The new 2020 Atomic Backland UL 85 touring ski is 10% lighter than its predecessor and features HRZN tech – this is Atomic's widest Backland UL ski and strongest downhill performer.
The Backland 85 UL features the World-Cup proven construction of Atomic's ski-running UL 65 ski, but comes with an 85mm mid-waist that’s ideal for lightweight alpine touring. This is the perfect mix of a durable, precision-oriented ski and lightweight touring ski, ready for mixed soft snow, crud and even hard pack. Carbon inserts and the Ultra Light Woodcore of the Backland 85 makes climbing a breeze, and skiing really stable. The All Mountain rocker and HRZN Tech in the tip then makes skiing through chop and crud so much easier. Full sidewalls grip on ice. Extra stability comes from carbon fibers along the ski – allowing you to lay down the power on and off piste. A cut out tip makes for very easy climbing skin attachment.
This brand new pair of 2020 Atomic Backland 85 UL skis comes paired with a brand new, pre-cut pair of 2020 Atomic Backland Hybrid 85 climbing skins. The Hybrid 85 skins are made from a 100% Mohair for a strong grip and smooth glide, and feature easy-to-handle Hybrid Glue 2.0 that keeps your skins from sticking together and renews with a quick wash with a Hybrid cleaning kit. They come perfectly sized to fit these skis, right out of the box. Now all you need is bindings!
- Dimensions: 117 - 86 - 106mm
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary horizontal rocker profile to add 10% more surface area in tip and tail. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight, making it the best design yet for powder skiing.
- Carbon Powered: Two ultra-lightweight carbon inserts run the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Ultra-Light Woodcore: A lightweight laminated poplar core that doesn't scrimp on power or stability.
- AT Tip 2.0
- Cap Sidewall Construction
- All Mountain Rocker: 15% Tip Rocker, 85% Camber. Provides the perfect blend of float and edgehold for the backcountry.
- 980g/Per Ski
- Ski MPN: AA0027202
- Includes Atomic Hybrid Skin 85 climbing skin combo.
- Climbing skins are 70% mohair, and are pre-cut to fit the skis perfectly. They include tail clips and the appropriate tip connector for the HRZN Tech tips.
- Climbing Skin MPN: AL6000142