Not every day can be a powder day (we wish!), and the fact is you always have to deal with a range of conditions and terrain when out ski touring. For 2018, Atomic has made an all-new ski touring series with the versatility you need to stay busy in the mountains on a daily basis. Right in the middle of this new ski lineup is the 2018 Atomic Backland 85. They’re the perfect mix of durable all-terrain tool and lightweight uphill touring ski, ready for steeps, powdery crud, and icy chutes. The Carbon Backbone and Ultra Light Woodcore makes climbing a breeze and skiing really stable. The Backland 85 also features HRZN Tech in the tip for tackling the deep stuff when you can get it. The 85mm waist hits the sweet spot for snow versatility - wide enough for most new snow storms, and still narrow enough to feel agile, grip steeps like glue, and not hinder you on the skin track on the way up. The AT Tip 2.0 cuts through difficult snow conditions and a cut out makes for easy skin attachment once you get to the top. The Backland 85 is a perfectly balanced touring ski for everyone from advanced backcountry skiers to newcomers.
These will come packaged with a brand new, in the box pair of 2018 Dynafit TLT Speedfit tech AT bindings. Dynafit's TLT Speedfit Binding is a 310-gram, minimalistic ski touring binding that combines the characteristics of a lightweight, ascent binding with the advantages of a classic ski touring binding. The frameless touring binding with steel components is impressive with its improved power transfer, achieved with the bayonet closure at the heel unit. The heel unit can be adjusted to release values from 5 to 10. The TLT Speedfit binding has also 5mm of flex in both directions when it comes to the length adjustment. The Speed Step heel lifter functions beautifully and can be employed or deactivated on the fly with your pole. The excenter for locking the toe piece has been lengthened to again increase the simplicity of adjusting and locking the binding. Optional ski stoppers can also be attached (not included).
- Dimensions: 120 - 85 - 109.5mm / R 17m
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary horizontal rocker profile to add 10% more surface area in tip and tail. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight, making it the best design yet for powder skiing.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Ultra-Light Woodcore: A lightweight laminated poplar core that doesn't scrimp on power or stability.
- AT Tip 2.0
- Stepdown Sidewall Construction
- AMT Rocker: 15% Tip Rocker, 85% Camber. Provides the perfect blend of float and edgehold for the backcountry.
- 1280g/Per Ski (@177cm)
- MPN: AA0026640
- Manual Bayonet Lock
- Fixed Front Release
- Ice Breaker Pins
- Speed Step Climbing Bar
- Steel Components: Chromoly, Forged Aluminum, and Stainless Steel
- Weight: 310g
- DIN Range: 5 - 10
- Adjustable Length: +/- 5mm
- MPN: 08-0000048791