The 2017 Atomic Backland 85 ski is the perfect all-round alpine touring performer. The 85mm waist combined with an Ultra Light Woodcore means it’s really light, so especially good for climbing. That said it’s still awesome on the way down, thanks to a super stable Carbon Backbone – a lightweight insert that runs the length of the ski providing outstanding agility and edge hold. It performs well in any snow, and Atomic makes pre-cut skins to fit perfectly. With the All Mountain Rocker and Step Down Sidewall, you’ll find it an incredible downhill performer – as good on the piste as it is in the backcountry.
The Atomic Backland 85 is a perfectly balanced touring ski for all skiers, from advanced tourers to new starters.
These skis will come packaged with a matching, brand new pair of precut Atomic Backland 85 climbing skins in the same size. Atomic Backland skins are a 70% Mohair Mix, which keeps the weight down, gives exceptional glide, strong grip, and no fitting or trimming is required. All you need now is an AT binding and you're ready to go!
- Dimensions: 118 - 85 - 111 mm
- Includes Atomic Backland 85 Precut Climbing Skins (New)
- All-Mountain Rocker: 15% Rocker / 85% Camber
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Ultra Light Woodcore: Incredibly lightweight poplar and Caruba wood keeps the Backland's weight down without compromising downhill performance.
- Step Down Sidewall: Features a symmetrical step on each end that's stable, light, and durable.
- Weight: 1320 g (170)
- MPN: AA0025878