Not every day can be a powder day (we wish!), and the fact is you always have to deal with a range of conditions and terrain when out ski touring. For 2020, Atomic has made a ski touring line with the versatility you need. In the middle of the lineup is the Atomic Backland 85. It is the perfect mix of a durable, precision-oriented ski and lightweight touring ski, ready for mixed soft snow, crud and even hard pack. The Carbon Backbone and Ultra Light Woodcore of the Backland 85 makes climbing a breeze and skiing really stable. Full sidewalls grip on ice. Then you’ve got HRZN Tech Tips with 10% more surface area for awesome floatation in powder plus less tip deflection and better tracking through chop. Extra stability comes from carbon fibers along the ski – allowing you to lay down the power on and off piste. The Tapered AT Tip 2.0 cuts through difficult snow conditions and a cut out makes for very easy climbing skin attachment.
- Dimensions: 115 - 85 - 104mm
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary horizontal rocker profile to add 10% more surface area in tip and tail. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight, making it the best design yet for powder skiing.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Ultra-Light Woodcore: A lightweight laminated poplar core that doesn't scrimp on power or stability.
- AT Tip 2.0
- Cap Sidewall Construction
- AMT Rocker: 15% Tip Rocker, 85% Camber. Provides the perfect blend of float and edgehold for the backcountry.
- 1240g/Per Ski
- MPN: AA0027642